Fenrir

Overrated = Burning/Scorching

Underrated = Terror-Watt and weather effects

Overhated = Miamy Nights

Underhated = Massed Flies [ewwww]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overrated: Burning, Beams, Scorching. They're honestly just too generic.

Underrated: Blizzardy Storm, simply because BADASS

Overhated: Most robo effects. Don't know why, but I think Robo is pretty cool. DP and AH too.

Underhated: Not too sure. Probably would have to go with the same ones from overrated.

Overrated: Burning / Scorching

Underrated: Robo effects looks 10x better than 2nd/3rd gens in my opinion

Overhated: Bubbling / Flaming Lantern / Miami Nights

Underhated: Circling Heart (C9 is wayy cooler)

Overrated:  Massed Flies (it's still barely noticeable and there are much cheaper options now if what you're looking for is a barely visible effect), Vivid Plasma (it's just so mediocre looking)

Underrated:  Phos/Sulph,  2013 Bat effects 

Overhated:  DBD, Miami, c9 

Underhated:  2nd gen - this is the shittiest, most plan looking generation of effects ever released.   Weather effects are ok I guess but at the end of the day still rather plain.  I guess at least the price is right on these. 

EDIT:  to everyone saying Burning./Scorching is overrated:  show me another effect that trails as you move like Burning and Scorching.  Sure, they look kinda boring if you're just looking at them in your loadout, but thwn you see them on another player in-game or in 3rd person, they look like nothing else in the game, except for bat effects, since they trail exactly like burning and scorching.

Overrated: Sunbeams. I don't get it.

Underrated - EOF. Granted it's kind of hard to notice, but it's still a good effect.

Overhated - Ace's High. Yeah, it looks pretty bad, but it's not watt-bad. And it changes color based on team. Cool.

Underhated - Molten Mallard. I used to think this effect was hot shit, but the duck is so freaking ugly without the fireball, which happens to not always be behind it.

Overrated: Sunbeams (Everybody wants it, I had one and I thought it was the worst effect I had)

Underrated: Tie between Phosphorus/Sulphurous and Arcania/Spellbound (Both types of effects are amazing and don't get that much attention)
Overhated - Miami Nights/Aces High (Both are 3rd Gens and people usually argue which one is the worst between those two, Those are the two favorite ones that I've owned)

Underhated: Molten Mallard (Its the dumbest and worst effect tbh, Only good thing is I can just yell Bonus Ducks everytime I see it)

Overrated: Burning flames (if you want fire,walk up to a w+m1-0tron)

Underrated: Fetti's, c.bubbles (I love c.bubbles), the bats, and bliz/ss

Overhated:Dbd and c9 (actually not bad effects)

Underhated: Steaming and flies (ew) 

Edit: mallard can suck my dick 

Edit edit: on second thought, no... it's on fire...

Overrated: Eyes(ooze, stare from beyond, amarinthine) -just ugly

Underrated- Power Surge, Stormy Storm, EOTL effects

Overhated- EOTL effects- Best effect set to come out since 1st gen by far, Miami night, DBD

Underhated- Steaming, Smoking

I have owned all of the effects listed here at one poin or another. The Eotl effects are by far my favorite currently(morning glory and death at dusk, molten mallard, frostbite) That order. Obviously I'd consider some top tier 1st gens favs to but just dont own them:P

overrated: 1st gen tops

underrated: orbiting effects, storms, eotl (except ducks)

overhated: 2014 halloween ones, all those electrical robo unus

Underhated: bubbling, planets

Overrated: Burning, beams is better

Underrated: Ghosts. This shit is so nice looking and nobody actually likes it enough.

Overhated: Kill-a-watt. There are some really nice sets you can make with a kill-a-watt hat, like a kaw tipped lid + viewfinder + bandana. looks nice.

Underhated: mallard. it's a bad parody of orbiting fire.

Overrated: Scorching. Yeah, it's alright I guess, but it shouldn't be worth how much it is.

Underrated: Arcana/spellbound. They look so sexy and visible, really nice effects. ALSO CIRCLING LOGO OMG

Overhated: Amarinthine. A lot of people hate on the 2014 halloween efx, but I think amarinthine is one that stands out and looks nice. The others are trash tho (especially the orange cloud).

Underhated Searing Plasma. My god this effect is ugly af, worst first gen imo. Green and purple can go well, but these shades of them completely destroy the effect for me. Worst effect in the whole game, I'd rather have a fuckin bonzo hat or terror watt. http://goo.gl/OQYGLCI mean wtf? Why would anyone want this effect.

Overrated - EotL effects, kinda already been done, mate. Burning too. Whenever someone asks what the "best effect" in the game is, 9/10 say this. Not really appealing imho.

Underrated - Peace Sign, Plasmas, Bats (though I kinda doubt they're underrated), C. Bubbles, Phosphorus

Overhated - Blizz, DBD, Miami, Power Surge, Cloud 9

Underhated - Massed Flies and Nuts. So unnoticeable, you might as well not have it as an unusual. I just don't see the appeal.

Overrated: circling heart, i don't really get how it's any better than peace or tf logo

Underrated: miami nights/dbd, these really aren't bad

Overhated: bonzo, this effect looks really cool tbh

Underhated: flaming lantern. pretty much a more expensive orbiting fire

Overrated = Burning, Cloudy Moon (ps: harvest and 13th hour > all moons)

Underrated = G./P. Fetti, Steaming/Smoking, Circling TF Logo (my favourite effect)

Overhated = Aces High.

Underhated = Massed Flies.

Overrate: the "big 3" [sunbeams, scorching, burning]

Underrated: the Storms

Overhated: Flies

Underhated: Dead prez + aces

I dunno why but i like Orb. Fire alot

Its cheap af and looks decent

Per example my Orb Fire Hustlers Hallmark

Costed me 13 Keys looks badass…

Overrated = Burning all the "high-tier" shizz, do I really need to reiterate all the points before?

Underrated = Aces High, just my taste meh

Overhated = Nuts and Bolts, goes well on some hats, tossed aside too often 

Underhated = I dunno on this one

Overrated - The correct answer is scorching flames. There isn't an effect in TF2 that is more displeasing than scorching. I hate every color in there so much. It's disgusting, it looks like puke lava. Do you like scorching? Then you're a bad person and should feel bad about who you are. I'd rather be friends with someone who sells heroin to kids than a fan of scorching.

Underrated - 2013 Halloween and ghosts. Nobody talks about ghosts, it's really good.  Hearts, too.

Overhated - probably all non-first-gens equally simply due to all the high school dropout "investors" with 3 buds in their backpack buying QUICKSELLS minimum 70% off FIRST GEN ONLY. Use some fucking skills and learn how to find value in something else.

Underhated - knifestorm. this is the only thing in the world worse than scorching but people seem to like it. i assume there's a very strong correlation between people who deal heroin to grade schoolers and fans of knifestorm but I have not had the time to gather the data yet. tons of first gens don't get shit on enough. Flies, plasma, trashbag logo and peace are all worse than p fetti or even human trafficking.  I had a logo gibus and I went around wearing a craftable Company Man instead so people wouldn't know I owned such an ugly piece of shit.

Overrated: Burning (as above)

Underrated: Sulphurous, I love this robo effect.

Overhated: DBD, Miami, simply for being 3rd gen they're hated, though they're one of the best effects of the series.

Underhated: Misty Skull. You ugly piece of poop I hate you.

Overated: Harvest Moon. (Never been a fan of Green, and Cloudy Moon is far superior.)

Underated: Cloud 9. (This gets lumped into the 3rd Gen hate when it is actually a pretty sweet effect. Too bad it's 3rd gen. If it were 1st or 2nd, it'd be way more expensive.)

Overhated: Amaranthine/The Ooze/Stare From Beyond. (I love this year's H'ween effects because of this: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/sprites/5323)

Underhated: Any Unusual Taunt. I dislike them immensely.

Overrated: Burning (obviously)

Underrated : Hellfire. Looks amazing. Debra sacrificed his rep for a tc with this effect, c'mon

Overhated: Aces High. I can see why people don't like it, but it aint that bad.

Underhated: Stormy Storm. I fucking hate that effect.

Overrated = All expensive hovering/moon effects... Harvest, Cloudy... is just as bad as weather effects. ;)

Underrated = Green & Purple energy.... they never look bad on any hat, oldschool first gen, yet not as expensive as burn/scorch/beam

Overhated = Cloud 9... Looks kinda good, great for a combo with pruple energy

Underhated = Demonflame and the likes... a two dimensional ring rotating above your head... gr8 m8.

Archived