Grenade Jumping

Tobiased

Thought of a potential game like thing sorta like rocket jumping and sticky jumping.

You'd jump crouch like you would in normal jumping, but instead shoot a grenade at an opposing player.

You will fly up depending on where you shot the player. 

In Walkway, try grenade pogo-ing off of other players without touching the ground. 

or you could pogo once, and try and kill the player or someone else from in the air, and then come in for another pogo on the next guy.

Might be useful for those long range demo players out there. and even for overall aim.

Discuss your thoughts below

Decent alternative to sticky jumping as it takes slightly less health off of you when you do it, although it take a lot more practice to get it perfect

Was that pun intended

It was unintended until I made a typo of "sticky with sticky spam" where I realized the potential of a pun. So I stuck with that sticky pun.

Thought of a potential game like thing sorta like rocket jumping and sticky jumping.

You'd jump crouch like you would in normal jumping, but instead shoot a grenade at an opposing player.

In Walkway, try grenade pogo-ing off of other players without touching the ground. 

or you could pogo once, and try and kill the player or someone else from in the air, and then come in for another pogo on the next guy.

Might be useful for those long range demo players out there. and even for overall aim.

Cannon jumping > Nade jumping.

loose cannons can be timed in mid air, provided that got enough HP to do the mid air jump

Can't you also shoot the grenade at the floor, wait for a bit, then jump back on top of it so that you get propelled into the air?

Is it ok that i thought this thread will be about Worms: Whatever part is it ?

Sometimes i use method in the video above, still can't normally loose cannon-jump.

I did try this a while ago in Walkway, it was quite fun, but without the regenerating health, I would have died after 3 or 4 point-blanks and only got 2 or 3 kills.

Not really worth it in an actual match, but as I say, fun in Walkway.

I did try this a while ago in Walkway, it was quite fun, but without the regenerating health, I would have died after 3 or 4 point-blanks and only got 2 or 3 kills.

Not really worth it in an actual match, but as I say, fun in Walkway.

try shooting the guy you pogo'd off of again. incase you are airborne in a legit game, you can get those kills

Most forms of advanced demo AND soldier jumping are Almost completely useless outside of certain niche environments (I.e. A jump map)

get a quick-fix medic

get a quick-fix medic

Soldier jumping is actually viable though.

1. Soldiers have a higher resistance to their own explosives than demos do, allowing for ~4 or so rocket jump before dying

2. Soldier has gunboats

Can't you also shoot the grenade at the floor, wait for a bit, then jump back on top of it so that you get propelled into the air?

This is literally not close to actual sticky or rocket jumping...

This is literally not close to actual sticky or rocket jumping...

It's a form of explosive jumping, and it's quite commonly used though.

I really like a grenade launcher + chargin' targe + eyelander loadout so I grenade jump quite a bit. It's nowhere near as effective or easy as sticky jumping but you can charge and have the fire and explosive damage resistances etc. It's only really all that useful during startup or when trying to reach that highground you have to walk half an hour for normally

Seems like a pretty sweet alternative, although naturally you'd need more skill to pull it off than sticky jumping. Worth a shot, although I suck as Demo so Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or... you could just use the Loose Cannon to jump?

But the grenade launcher can also be used to kill people. I absolutely suck at using the Loose Cannon and am alright with the grenade launcher

easy way to start out grenade jumping is:

1) enable auto-reload

2) fire one grenade into wall

3) jump over it when your reload animation makes the 2nd click (they're one right after the other, click click. the sound is from the chamber locking back into place, not being out of ammo)

4) soar like a beautiful microwave that was tossed off of a highrise apartment balcony and right onto the hood of my fucking car JEFF

This is similar to something stabby(?) made up. You backstab someone and if you place it right it'll launch you forward. 

(can't find the video or i'd link it)

Or trimping. (tide turner launch)

I imagine this  to be similar to hitting the medic healing you when friendly fire is on?

There was some video on this I forgot who tho Nvm found it

I always found it easy to use the Iron Bomber when trying to Grenade Jump. Less roll makes it easier to get on top of the grenade before it explodes.

But I generally don't do any kind of explosive jumping. Not worth it to advance, especially if you have a Tide Turner, and pretty useless other than showing off/market gardening.

Archived