Learning The art of Gun Spy.

.Dusk

So.

Just yesterday i put in my 100th hour on spy. i would say im a decent pub spy. i know how to trick ppl rather well and can pull matadors decently. however theres one

thing that i do find hard about being an exceptional spy. i got in to a lobby with this guy on goldrush, he was running around the map with his amby shitting on kids left and right. he was literally standing in the wide open just headshotting people everywhere (no hax i went spec). so i have a question. What are some tips on getting better at being a gun spy? i know it takes lots of practice and people say "just practice headshotting on koth harvest"

but im talking about little things that make a difference

such as : crosshairs, scripts catered towards the amby. i already have stabbys viewmodel and colorful crosshair script. are there any others out there?

ive also tried downloading FPS configs because ive heard they help, but when i download them i just cant stand my game looking like horse shit are there any that are effective but do minimal damage on the games beauty?

Hopefully youve come this far, if you have please consider replying. Thx and remember : Be a Gentleman.

Lime green dot crosshair (Or light purple, I prefer lime)

This is just a tiny modification but works surprisingly well for me, also hide your viewmodel or disable auto-reload (Hide viewmodel is easier).

Just play on Mann-power mode. The perfect game mode to throw out all the classes roles. Here, gun spies, combat medics, and other specialties roam free.

Just play on Mann-power mode. The perfect game mode to throw out all the classes roles. Here, gun spies, combat medics, and other specialties roam free.

Worst advice ever. The powerup mode shooting is not going to help at all in regular tf2, esp for precision weapons like amby.

Worst advice ever. The powerup mode shooting is not going to help at all in regular tf2, esp for precision weapons like amby.

Less frustration when you have overpowered buffs to your health and damage. You're gonna end up playing much more and gradually getting better at aiming. On the other hand, you can give yourself a challenge and try to defeat people with powerups without using one yourself.

Disable viewmodels, get a fancy zoomscript, get a tiny but noticable crosshair and apart from that it's pretty much practice.

Aim with strafing, and leading shots.

Point at the height of their head, and move left and right to line up the headshot. 

Leading shots is just leaving the crosshair where they're gonna walk, and click when their head crosses it. 

I got a lot of practice as spy using tr_walkway but apparently the hitboxes are messed up. I still got better using it though. (turn on ramp, headshot them and then go for a stair stab)

Disable viewmodels, whenever you reload it blocks your screen. Type r_drawviewmodels 0 in console.

Disable viewmodels, whenever you reload it blocks your screen. Type r_drawviewmodels 0 in console.

It's better to have the ability to turn them on and off

Type this in (with the quotes) 

bind t "toggle r_drawviewmodels 0 1"

Eveytime you press t your viewmodel with turn off/on

Disable viewmodels, get a fancy zoomscript, get a tiny but noticable crosshair and apart from that it's pretty much practice.

I would suggest disabling your viewmodel and having a small but visible crosshair. 

Lime green dot crosshair (Or light purple, I prefer lime)

This is just a tiny modification but works surprisingly well for me, also hide your viewmodel or disable auto-reload (Hide viewmodel is easier).

To all who suggested viewmodels "i already have stabbys viewmodel and colorful crosshair script. are there any others out there?"

Mostly just practice with it a lot. For payload (best pub game mode imo), the best way to play amby spy is to get behind the enemy team and bait people one or two at a time to come chase you. That way you can practice your aim / get kills without having to worry about their entire team.

Also, just out of curiosity, do you remember the name of the spy you were playing with?

Mostly just practice with it a lot. For payload (best pub game mode imo), the best way to play amby spy is to get behind the enemy team and bait people one or two at a time to come chase you. That way you can practice your aim / get kills without having to worry about their entire team.

Also, just out of curiosity, do you remember the name of the spy you were playing with?

his name was vipa. he had a scorching flames

his name was vipa. he had a scorching flames

lmao, he's the spy for my highlander team

Archived