Sell unusual on steammarket and classified at same time

RuffRyders

Currently it's not possible. You can't put unusuals on market and classifieds at same time. It gets auto-removed from classifieds. It's a shame since bp.tf is a great way to sell too, especially as donator. It would be better to have a option to list both at same time for best success rate.

Solution I came up with

When you put it on classifieds for first time, have a option "item will be put on steammarket".

This way when it's gone from your BP, it will be still listed on classifieds.

This can be limited to unusuals only. I would become premium just for this

A better way would be to add the ability to put items you've listed on the steam market in the classifieds. One of the things I like most about the bp.tf classifieds is that items are removed when you don't have them, rather than making an exception to this, your items on the steam market could be considered an extension of your backpack.

• 2 weeks later...

I do sell on market, not classifieds

I do too, but I wish I could sell on both. Sometimes I have success on market and sometimes on backpack.tf like today.

I remember I was added once for a buck turners I had listed on bp.tf, even though I had sold it the day before. 

I also thought it autoremoved, probably the steam api was down and it thought it was still in my bp

i do use steam market all the time. 80% of my unusuals sell there.

but for this to work, you have to manually remove unusuals from classified. and im just too lazy to do so. thats why i dont want it

i do use steam market all the time. 80% of my unusuals sell there.

but for this to work, you have to manually remove unusuals from classified. and im just too lazy to do so. thats why i dont want it

There will be a checkmark to use this function.

A better way would be to add the ability to put items you've listed on the steam market in the classifieds. One of the things I like most about the bp.tf classifieds is that items are removed when you don't have them, rather than making an exception to this, your items on the steam market could be considered an extension of your backpack.

I agree with this one.

I agree with this one.

Same, since then it also wouldn't affect your bp value. But it would probably be quite hard to encode that, if at all possible. 

If you find a way to see all of one person's listings in the steam market, so that I can validate it is still owned by that person, let me know.

If you find a way to see all of one person's listings in the steam market, so that I can validate it is still owned by that person, let me know.

What about an option (check-box) that if checked backpack.tf will scan the market for a particular item, and then see if you're on that list.

I.e. i put a P energy oma on classifieds, i check the box, and then i put the item on the market. Backpack.tf would then search the market for that item, and as long as there is on owned by you on the market it remains listed.

I always wondered if there was a way to track all of the sales of an specific item on the market. (mostly unusuals and rare items whose graphs can't be seen most of the time)

I have no scripting knowledge, so will be impossible for me. I don't know if its even possible.

What about a checkmark "item will be put on steammarket"? Then it makes a exception from the auto-remove script.

If you are afraid that sold unusuals will stay on classifieds, then it could be limited to donator / premium only or remove the classified when they don't visit backpack.tf for 1 or 2 weeks. But afaik people who trade unusuals are more active and take care of closing their trade when they sell a unusual

That way it would be easier.

• 2 weeks later...
What about a checkmark "item will be put on steammarket"? Then it makes a exception from the auto-remove script.

Anything but this, I can't see it not being abused/misused. In the meantime, I guess we'll have to wait until steam market data is added to the steam API.

On a very similar note (with the same problem about getting data >.<), would it be possible to consider including bazaar.tf "buy now" listings with backpack.tf classified listings. Perhaps automatically for listings asking for metal/keys/buds, and the option to list the item otherwise. Bazaar does have an API but I don't think it shows trade data yet, and it's not mentioned on the site any more (it was here).

Anything but this, I can't see it not being abused/misused. In the meantime, I guess we'll have to wait until steam market data is added to the steam API.

Abused in the sense of? People don't put unusuals for fun at classifieds. And there are many options, like visiting backpack.tf once every 2 weeks to keep those trades up.

if you are afraid of invalid classifieds (sold ones already), then keep in mind that it will be limited to only unusuals and can be limited for premium / donater users only. Also current system is not 100% foolproof. If there are invalid listings because of this, then trust me it will be a very small percentage of the current invalid listings. Many classifieds are invalid, lots of listings are sold already. The benefit of this function is more great then damage if there is

Archived