I kind of want to get into SFM

Fenrir

I have no idea how to do SFM and I really want to start making them. Not talking about videos just the photos.

I want to make them spruced with Photoshop and so forth, so just wondering, how hard would this be to learn? Is it something that I could accomplish in 2 months?

Any tips? et cetera.

What are some tips I should know? Like whats the easiest class to start modeling with?

Talk to Toby, he's one of my closest friends and is a solid teacher.hes helped me go from nothing to a solid poster without other outside help.

What are some tips I should know? Like whats the easiest class to start modeling with?

They're all built up in the same way, so it doesn't really matter. Medic might be harder since you gotta pose his whole suit.

I think you could learn how to make good posters within a month, making posters isn't rocket sience, it's easy. If you have anything you don't know how to do like making motion blur, go look it up there are alot of tutorials. Just play around in SFM and see what makes something look good, the hardest things here is to pose and to light your charecter.

Lighting isn't easy, but look up lighting tutorials ment for real life photograohers. The lighting techniques applies to SFM aswell. Posing is something tricky, alot make the charecters look stiff, so try to make the movements of the models more natural.

Well here a official valve video on how to use the program

Hope you can take 1 hour worth of video on how to use it and since video is much more understandable than a text info on how to use it.

And also is complied into one video.

for modelling you can use the actual animations from the actual (taunts, weapon pose etc)

more difficult part is fixing any retarded miscs. that don't pose with the character properly.

But like TheVenomWithin said, other SFM uswould be happy to help you.

treat it as a video game that you get better at progressively. 

2 months is too much. a couple days and you'll get it

Archived