What am I supposed to do with my earbuds now?

array

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once they hit below 10, that was a sign that you had to get rid of them if you are scared about losing dinero.

otherwise, keep them because you may never know they may come back. anything can happen in this game

the moment when I sold mine for 18 keys 3 months ago

The moment when I sold mine for a Hellfire TC B)

But seriously, TF2 has a working economy. If you value your items you should pay some attention to the economy.

oh wow, lot of cunts in this thread. Are you all mods on backpack or what? The truth is, this decision fucked over lot of people (and probably make few people very rich), but I guess that's what happens when you put lot of trust in one site. And fyi I quit trading a year ago so this decision didn't do shit to me, but I really can understand the frustration of this guy. 

As far the question goes, I would just sell what you got and quit this bullshit altogether. Backpack.tf is solely responsible for all the shit that happened in tf2 economy, of course some people here would fight for this till their last breath and try to tell you how is it your fault, but it's really not. This site broke tf2 trading a long time ago, this was just last nail to the coffin. And ultimately it will be its demise, because what will this site be good for when there'll be no one to trade? It will be their loss at last

Buds were valuable back in the day when you could only add 8 items in the trade window at once. This meant that if you wanted expensive items, you had to use buds. Not keys. Now what is important about buds now? Nothing. They can be worn as a misc. Nothing different than your usual craft hat. People used them for high value trades, but that's about it. Once people started quick selling them, it started a panic. The odds of buds going back up are minimal. Like Polar said, the only currency now is keys and $. Why? Because money has value. We can buy things IRL for money. We can buy things online for money. So on and so forth. Now, keys have a use. You can unbox with keys. Keys are only retrievable throughout buying them from the store and market. With keys, we get unusuals. Just like CSGO with knives and skins.

*valve goes back to the -8 items per trade- dealio* 

oh wow, lot of cunts in this thread. Are you all mods on backpack or what? The truth is, this decision fucked over lot of people (and probably make few people very rich), but I guess that's what happens when you put lot of trust in one site. And fyi I quit trading a year ago so this decision didn't do shit to me, but I really can understand the frustration of this guy. 

As far the question goes, I would just sell what you got and quit this bullshit altogether. Backpack.tf is solely responsible for all the shit that happened in tf2 economy, of course some people here would fight for this till their last breath and try to tell you how is it your fault, but it's really not. This site broke tf2 trading a long time ago, this was just last nail to the coffin. And ultimately it will be its demise, because what will this site be good for when there'll be no one to trade? It will be their loss at last

No moderators have commented on this thread.

So what if earbuds dropping made people lose profit? If you did any sort of research you could see that buds have been declining for quite awhile after peaking at 28 keys. backpack.tf doesn't control the market.

Seems this site gets more abuse than the tf2 spreadsheet did when it was active.

the moment when I sold mine for 18 keys 3 months ago

tfw I sold mine for 26 keys in 2013

I'm not a big trader. I just want my money. This isn't fair.

You realize this is the same thing as saying "I bought these stocks months ago and then I didn't pay any attention to the market and in the meantime the company went bankrupt (which I would have seen coming had I bothered to keep myself informed).  Now I want my money back."  

It's called risk and it's inherent in all investments.  

And you are fully aware that this is a video game?

The irony is very heavy here. 

All the "cunts" commenting on this thread have actually been paying attention to what's been happening in this economy and saw this coming a mile away.  You on the other hand haven't traded in over a year, yet you seem to have a very strong opinion about something that you can't possibly understand, since you "quit trading a year ago" and thus probably haven't kept a close watch on the unusual market. 

So what if earbuds dropping made people lose profit? If you did any sort of research you could see that buds have been declining for quite awhile after peaking at 28 keys. backpack.tf doesn't control the market.

as oppose to people who lost half a value of their backpack in one moment because of arbitrary decision of some backpack.tf mod? Yeah, what if. 

as oppose to people who lost half a value of their backpack in one moment because of arbitrary decision of some backpack.tf mod? Yeah, what if. 

A mod can't just "change" your backpack value, only change what a site says. If your backpack is worth $2, it will be worth $2 no matter what backpack.tf says.

All the "cunts" commenting on this thread have actually been paying attention to what's been happening in this economy and saw this coming a mile away.  You on the other hand haven't traded in over a year, yet you seem to have a very strong opinion about something that you can't possibly understand, since you "quit trading a year ago" and thus probably haven't kept a close watch on the unusual market. 

As you can see, this decision made a pretty huge impact on everybody who choose to trade within tf2, it doesn't matter I don't trade anymore and it doesn't matter that this guy didn't pay attention to buds economy and didn't pay attention to this forum or wherever he was supposed to see this a mile away. You just don't make such abrupt artificial decision when it will affect so many people and especially when it make their items basically worthless. That's just dick move to put it lightly. And who decided to do this? How rich they got of it? Like I said, people put too much trust and power to the hands of one site, this is the result. The snob attitude is what really pisses me off tho

A mod can't just "change" your backpack value, only change what a site says. If your backpack is worth $2, it will be worth $2 no matter what backpack.tf says.

I'm sorry what? Did the "site" decided to stop using buds as a currency on its own? Was there some open discussion about it? Pool maybe? Did they let people know ahead, that this is the possibility? 

As you can see, this decision made a pretty huge impact on everybody who choose to trade within tf2, it doesn't matter I don't trade anymore and it doesn't matter that this guy didn't pay attention to buds economy and didn't pay attention to this forum or wherever he was supposed to see this a mile away. You just don't make such abrupt artificial decision when it will affect so many people and especially when it make their items basically worthless. That's just dick move to put it lightly. And who decided to do this? How rich they got of it? Like I said, people put too much trust and power to the hands of one site, this is the result. The snob attitude is what really pisses me off tho

The prices are based off what the item sells for based on proof. every single suggestion ever closed or accepted is there. there isn't some moderator just randomly changing prices

You obviously don't know how backpack.tf works.

I'm sorry what? Did the "site" decided to stop using buds as a currency on its own? Was there some open discussion about it? Pool maybe? Did they let people know ahead, that this is the possibility? 

The site didn't just stop using buds as a currency, the community did.

offload them to some idiot who takes them at 7-8 keys and buy unusuals

It made an impact on the trading community, but what made even more of an impact was that because people were panic selling their buds to try and undercut other sellers, unusuals were dropping to the point that people were losing near 100 of dollars, so a choice had to be made by the community; either keep buds as a currency and really mess up unusual trading, or do what was done and cut off buds so unusuals could go back to their key value back when their last update was made and only keep buds as a value for high tier trades, thus still leaving buds with a chance to possibly rise again at their own pace without impacting unusuals as much as the drop of buds did.

There may still be a chance for buds to rise in value again, but until then they are too unstable and detrimental to unusual trading to keep them as a main pricing for them, especially since now most unusual transactions are being made in keys now unless, like I said before, the unusual is too high of value to solely trade in just keys.

offload them to some idiot who takes them at 7-8 keys and buy unusuals

There's a guy selling a Searing Thirst Blood for 3 buds aka 15 keys on Outpost ;)

Seriously dude, I don't care about paying attention to your "economy". I bought some hats on a video game, I didn't want them anymore, so I sold them. There's no more to it than that. If you think otherwise, you're deluded.

Seriously dude, I don't care about paying attention to your "economy". I bought some hats on a video game, I didn't want them anymore, so I sold them. There's no more to it than that. If you think otherwise, you're deluded.

If that is the case, then why are you complaining about your buds? Just sell them then, since you claim you do not care about their value.

If that is the case, then why are you complaining about your buds? Just sell them then, since you claim you do not care about their value.

I was selling my unusuals that I had been keeping for a few months. I initially didn't plan on selling them but I needed the money for personal reasons. I kept bumping the trade every so often over a month. I didn't acknowledge the status of the economy because all I wanted was to sell my items and be done with it. I get the 9 buds pure buyout for both of them and attempt to sell them to a reputable trader for PayPal money. By then, the community had already fucked itself, including me, over.

Archived