Bounty Hat

Scout Steiner

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums so please excuse any noobishness. 

So I recently got back into tf2 after a year of not playing. I've been playing on again off again for three years. And I used to be heavily involved in the economy. So here's my question. Why is the Bounty Hat worth a TON more than it was two years ago? 

Know I know how it was only available for a time, and that how these short window items gain value due to availability, like max's head or bills hat, but I remember EVERYONE having this thing. Is there something I'm missing? 

Not to mention, the hat's kinda ugly (subjective I know) has two better versions of itself, and like I said earlier, was worn by everyone two years ago. 

And also for more selfish reasons, can I turn this hat I don't like into profit with gift wrap? Or is this some internet pulling the wool over my eyes? (sorry for the seemingly stupid skepticism, but I'm having a really hard time believing this.) 

Thank you, and I look forward to contributing what I can to these here forums. 

Is 0.5 keys seriously a ton? http://backpack.tf/stats/332/6/0

Note that it first went up and then down again.

I suppose it went up because of high demand at the time, you should read the suggestions around the time it went up

It was basically worth nothing two years ago tho.

they guy said he stopped playing for a year and that he had been playing on and off for around 3. He was probably playing around when it came out? (when you got it via achievements...etc)

It was basically worth nothing two years ago tho.

they guy said he stopped playing for a year and that he had been playing on and off for around 3. He was probably playing around when it came out? (when you got it via achievements...etc)

Yep, i've been playing on and off again for a while, so i'm now just getting used to prices (lol keys used to be worth 1.3) but yeah, it was worth nothing at all when I was into the economy. So it's hard to get used to this thing having any value. 

But on the link you gave me, Pyroman, it says people are buying it for three keys, not .5. Now odds are I'm reading something wrong here, so can someone help me out on what the price is of this thing so I know what to ask for? 

Thanks!

Yep, i've been playing on and off again for a while, so i'm now just getting used to prices (lol keys used to be worth 1.3) but yeah, it was worth nothing at all when I was into the economy. So it's hard to get used to this thing having any value. 

But on the link you gave me, Pyroman, it says people are buying it for three keys, not .5. Now odds are I'm reading something wrong here, so can someone help me out on what the price is of this thing so I know what to ask for? 

Thanks!

what I mean is that ~a year ago the bounty hat was priced at 2-3 keys, median 2.5, and it's now 3, hence my statement

Archived