Dont stay in school

Senpai Absol~

No, he's talking about the "your a troll" part

Only reason I called you a troll because you didn't explain your self.

Now I know your not and I'm happy with what you said.

For things like voting, human rights, laws, career building, second language.

All those things I learnt from core classes in the ninth and tenth grade.

They might not have been super indepth but we have electives that do go indepth on all these subjects.

For things like voting, human rights, laws, career building, second language.

All those things I learnt from core classes in the ninth and tenth grade.

They might not have been super indepth but we have electives that do go indepth on all these subjects.

I think in one of his video's explaining it, some kids wont take those certain electives since they aren't needed to take so they never learn

I think in one of his video's explaining it, some kids wont take those certain electives since they aren't needed to take so they never learn

But if you just said they're crucial life skills, wouldn't it not be the flaws of the school, but the flaws of the student for not taking them? The school offered them the opportunity (and I know usually push the ones like finance and career building like crazy- and language is for the most part required all of high school, dunno about college) but if the students still refuse, then it's on them- no complaining allowed.

So whose fault is that then? Tip: It's not the school's

If you really want to learn about something, you go and do it. You don't sit back and wait for the school to give it to you and then later complain you never got it.

Senpai Mario, on 29 Mar 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

pretty sure he just made a video to get the attention of the idiots who don't even care about school then blame it later in their life for not spoon feeding them information on relative subjects.

Some of this shit you get taught in high school, regardless of location.

If you're unfortunate (like me) that lives in the backwoods and barely had many choices on what to take, then I can see where OP's conclusion is being drawn. Yet, you're probably in some heavily conservative town (slowly rotting away too...) that only wants you to learn the basic principles and don't expand your knowledge at all. Some of the heavier political, economic, psychological, and sociological points-of-view were introduced to me in my first year of community college. I only graduated high school with only a very limited knowledge of economics and politics.

If you don't learn some of the shit in high school, take it as electives in college. In fact, you'll learn more shit in college than high school.

Some of his points make sense, others don't. 

I will tell you that as an actual teacher, there are plenty of things that he listed that weren't "important" that very much so are. If people want to think that nearly everything in school is useless information, that would be very inaccurate. 

I will agree with him though on some of the things that aren't taught, they should be, or at least we should try to fit in some of those along side the core math, science, reading, writing, etc. 

I actually teach an investments class during summer school as an elective and the students I have really enjoy it. 

Wasn't that part of his point though? There a very few classes like the one you teach, and instead we have mandatory ones about learning Shakespearean english and other things like that. 

EDIT: I know there are always electives in school, but for me at least they usually come in Junior and Senior year when the workload gets tough and it's hard to have lots of extra classes.

Wasn't that part of his point though? There a very few classes like the one you teach, and instead we have mandatory ones about learning Shakespearean english and other things like that. 

EDIT: I know there are always electives in school, but for me at least they usually come in Junior and Senior year when the workload gets tough and it's hard to have lots of extra classes.

This!

Yes yes yes

Archived