Opinions on Strange parts

TehDirtyDan

As far as I'm concerned about, the only advantage to having strange parts applied to a weapon is to make the strange not look farmed (e.g. headshots on a rifle), or as a fun little reminder of how many people you totally DOMIN8ED or something silly like that.

Aside from "value" of the weapon, do you care about strange parts on your stranges?

YES.

Or at least I used to care more about it.

I love strange parts, but the ones I really like and want are more expensive than I can easily afford for my weapons.

If I'm using a strange weapon without parts, I'm planning on resetting it in the future once I get around to buying the parts.

If I'm using a strange weapon without parts, I'm planning on resetting it in the future once I get around to buying the parts.

>richpeoplelife

imo i dont really like strange parts.

i dont like stranges too,like seriously,pay more to count your kills.

i only like medics killed that have full ubercharge

cause that counts how many people i have pissed

>richpeoplelife

imo i dont really like strange parts.

i dont like stranges too,like seriously,pay more to count your kills.

i only like medics killed that have full ubercharge

cause that counts how many people i have pissed

Some parts don't really help you (dominations, damage dealt,) but others (headshot kills, allies extinguished) provide great statistical data on how you're doing.

300 strange parts applied <3

They're all amazing. Medics killed is the best and I have it on almost every single wep.

Damage dealt is far and away the stupidest and I don't understand the price. Oh look some meaningless integer with no commas so I can't even read it!

I don't think farmed stranges are as common as people think, or want to think.

Lol I have dmg dealt, dominations and medics killed on my minigun.

Quite useless to apply medics killed if f2p nubs on pubs don't even play medic.

I like having Allies Extinguished and Projectiles Reflected on my Backburner to screw people's sterotypes that Backburner Pyro's never actually airblast.

I loooove strange parts!  They make my weapon look cooler :3  I wish there was a mini-crits strange part, apparently the critical hits one doesn't count mini-crits.

They are fun. Aside from proving something isn't farmed, there are some that I personally like that makes the weapon more complete (buildings destroyed on a demo, headshots on amby/sniper, crits on pan, ect.), and some just are fun to add how many people pissed off (unusual players killed, medic w/ full uber, killsteaks ended).

Damage done is kinda cool, it's more useful on cheap stranges ironicly. like scorch shot.

I think my favorite parts are dominations so as to get a record of your best moments.

It is always satisfying to credit another domination on your strange weapon :)

Some parts are useful either to improve your gameplay or show your (supposed) skills to others.

On a sniper rifle, it is interesting to record your headshots. 

On a backburner or backscatter, it is interesting to have a critical kills part to see the % it represents on your total kills :

if it represents less than 10% for example, you'd better change of weapon for the stock one or go on with guides and perseverance.

Some parts seem almost useless : victims during a full-moon or victims underwater (there is no much water on TF2 maps).

Some people may use achievement servers to inflate their stats which is, in my opinion, a total non-sense and a mis-use of parts.

Archived