Suggestion Question: Orbiting Planets Prancer's Pride, 17-18 keys, Mr. Bucket

SoA Jucchan42

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/520bd477ba2536ed2b000002

I do not understand the "Changes this small can only be done after a period of 3 months." I suggested 17-20 the previous day, and the suggestion passed, but then I noticed that the Orbiting Planets Dragonborn dropped to 18-20, making my 20 key high end invalid. I just wanted to fixed what was mostly my mistake for using an unusual 1:1 with an outdated price as proof, as pointed out in the Dragonborn's suggestion:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/520a8804ba2536246900000a

I thought you would consider it like a resuggestion, but apparently I'm not allowed to fix what was mostly my fault until after 3 months have passed.

Eh, I don't really see too big of problem. Of course there are going to be errors when dealing with pricing unusuals based on other unusuals current prices. Who's to say it might not still get 20 keys? Accuracy on unusual suggestions can only be taken so far since pricing unusuals is a rather unusual task in and of itself.

Unusual ranges are estimations anyways and a range of 17-20 covers 17-18. Plus, the hat has never had a set price. Are you that confident that 19-20 keys has not happened for all 4 on the market in the last 2 months?

I wasn't rep farming, Chigga mentioned that my suggestion should have been 17-18, and I agreed. It just so happened that the timing of when the Dragonborn suggestion was opened was a bit after my 17-20 key suggestion was passed. If the Dragonborn suggestion happened during the time that my suggestion was open, I would have resuggested. I don't get why I'm not allowed to fix my own mistakes.

I wasn't rep farming, Chigga mentioned that my suggestion should have been 17-18, and I agreed. It just so happened that the timing of when the Dragonborn suggestion was opened was a bit after my 17-20 key suggestion was passed. If the Dragonborn suggestion happened during the time that my suggestion was open, I would have resuggested. I don't get why I'm not allowed to fix my own mistakes.

As stated above, the pricing system is an estimate. It's only 1 key error, and unless really shown that an amount of solds are at the low end, does not need to be remade.

Then again, some people must have more exact numbers such as this person

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/520d138b4bd7b8323e000011

who requested I change the range by half a key.

These are the 3 on the market:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/13637976

History:

Currently selling

Quicksold for 14 keys

Hijacker alt

I sold for 17.5 keys

I quickbought for 12 keys

Quicksold for 8 keys

2 MONTHS

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/13667424

Currently selling

Sold in trade for fruit shoot (prancer's value becomes 17.22)

Bought for 17 keys

2 MONTHS

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/13306230

Currently selling

1:1 Dragonborn (17.1 or 18 keys) offer of 20 keys didn't sell because collecting, other offer of nano+7 keys is 18.25

2 MONTHS

I did unusual searches and stuff but the other prancers are stuck in peoples' backpacks.

If I have 3 sales below 17.5 and one sale and one offer around 18 keys, with no sales above 18 keys, 17-18 is a better estimate.

It's a 2 key difference, too small to make a change. Awesome's suggestion was 6 months after his previous one. Yours was 3 days.

My point is that the suggestion wasn't intended like a "change" but a "resuggest." I don't get why the time in between or the amount of change is such a big deal. You would have accepted 17-18 if I had closed 17-20 and resuggested with 17-18, but you're not accepting it now despite the fact that the proof supports 17-18 more just because you accepted the Prancer's Pride suggestion before you accepted the Dragonborn suggestion.  Basically, the price shouldn't have been 17-20 in the first place. What I'm getting from this is:

First suggests 17-18 after the dragonborn drops  (Good)

First suggests 17-20, but dragonborn drops during the time that the suggestion is open, closes and resuggests with 17-18 (Good)

First suggests 17-20, but dragonborn drops right after 17-20 is accepted, opens a new one at 17-18 because it shouldn't have become 17-20 in the first place (Bad, because 17-20 is good enough despite the fact that nothing supports 20 keys anymore, and I don't want to let someone fix their own mistake because two keys isn't worth the effort pressing the accept button.)

My first question: What is the difference between having 17-18 in the first place and having 17-20 then changing to 17-18 the next day, realizing that 17-20 was a bad estimate? Also, it wasn't 3 days after the last suggestion, I opened the 17-20 3 days ago, it got accepted the next day and later that day the dragonborn suggestion was opened, then the following day I opened 17-18 after the dragonborn suggestion got accepted in the morning, so there was actually only a one day gap between the 17-20 getting accepted and the 17-18 being opened.

My other question: Why would it be so bad to accept a better price? What bad things would have happened if you had accepted the price that should have been the original suggestion, but just got messed up in timing? I don't see any reasons why NOT to accept a better price. OMG HE GOT 10 REP THAT'S LIKE 10 VOTES OMG I just wanted this unusual to have a more accurate estimate, and I don't see why you wouldn't want that either, seeing as that's the whole point of updating unusuals.

In conclusion: I suggested 17-20, but as pointed out by Chigga, it should have been 17-18 so I resuggested, but you won't let me fix the price that I set because you thought that it wasn't worth the effort, despite the fact that I'm the one who went through the effort of suggesting a more accurate estimate. Great.

P.S.

Does rep even do anything? Just wondering. Cuz everyone seems like they want a lot of it.

Please answer my two questions, and do not reply with "current range is good enough" or "it hasn't been 3 months." 1. The current range ISN'T good enough, with no sales or offers above 18.25, and 2. I get the 3 month cooldown thing, I understand why that's in place, but I don't understand why it would apply in this particular case where there are no bad consequences of accepting it, and the result would be the same as if I closed the 17-20 and resuggested with 17-18, as there would have been minimal time that 17-20, a less accurate price, would be active.

I dont think it matters unless it was a big change or else every suggestion would need to be updated every day since unusuals change/updated regularly. Making other ranges "invalid"

Just deal with it. Not big enough of a change to be complaining about so much :l

If you had so much time to be complaining about the accuracy of one unusual try fixing all other outdated unusuals since you care about such a minor change. Again is a estimate.

To answer your question in the P.S. section. Rep doesn't matter. You can't buy anything with it, it doesn't go anything. Its like wearing a hat in TF2. "Oh that's cool you have a hat. Boom headshot. Your hat couldn't save you from that." Actually rep is even less useful than a TF2 hat because you can't sell it and you can't wear it.

My point is that the suggestion wasn't intended like a "change" but a "resuggest." I don't get why the time in between or the amount of change is such a big deal. You would have accepted 17-18 if I had closed 17-20 and resuggested with 17-18, but you're not accepting it now despite the fact that the proof supports 17-18 more just because you accepted the Prancer's Pride suggestion before you accepted the Dragonborn suggestion.  Basically, the price shouldn't have been 17-20 in the first place. What I'm getting from this is:

First suggests 17-18 after the dragonborn drops  (Good)

First suggests 17-20, but dragonborn drops during the time that the suggestion is open, closes and resuggests with 17-18 (Good)

First suggests 17-20, but dragonborn drops right after 17-20 is accepted, opens a new one at 17-18 because it shouldn't have become 17-20 in the first place (Bad, because 17-20 is good enough despite the fact that nothing supports 20 keys anymore, and I don't want to let someone fix their own mistake because two keys isn't worth the effort pressing the accept button.)

My first question: What is the difference between having 17-18 in the first place and having 17-20 then changing to 17-18 the next day, realizing that 17-20 was a bad estimate? Also, it wasn't 3 days after the last suggestion, I opened the 17-20 3 days ago, it got accepted the next day and later that day the dragonborn suggestion was opened, then the following day I opened 17-18 after the dragonborn suggestion got accepted in the morning, so there was actually only a one day gap between the 17-20 getting accepted and the 17-18 being opened.

My other question: Why would it be so bad to accept a better price? What bad things would have happened if you had accepted the price that should have been the original suggestion, but just got messed up in timing? I don't see any reasons why NOT to accept a better price. OMG HE GOT 10 REP THAT'S LIKE 10 VOTES OMG I just wanted this unusual to have a more accurate estimate, and I don't see why you wouldn't want that either, seeing as that's the whole point of updating unusuals.

In conclusion: I suggested 17-20, but as pointed out by Chigga, it should have been 17-18 so I resuggested, but you won't let me fix the price that I set because you thought that it wasn't worth the effort, despite the fact that I'm the one who went through the effort of suggesting a more accurate estimate. Great.

P.S.

Does rep even do anything? Just wondering. Cuz everyone seems like they want a lot of it.

Please answer my two questions, and do not reply with "current range is good enough" or "it hasn't been 3 months." 1. The current range ISN'T good enough, with no sales or offers above 18.25, and 2. I get the 3 month cooldown thing, I understand why that's in place, but I don't understand why it would apply in this particular case where there are no bad consequences of accepting it, and the result would be the same as if I closed the 17-20 and resuggested with 17-18, as there would have been minimal time that 17-20, a less accurate price, would be active.

1. A day or two difference isn't really relevant and won't change much. This site estimates unusuals, nothing is going to be spot on. For that reason, 17-20 keys isn't much different than 17-18 since it's an estimate anyway.

2. It's so we can we consistent across the board. I don't pick and choose the ones I want to make the 3 month exception for because that wouldn't be fair to other suggestors

Normally, you can only vote on prices lower or equal to the highest value your backpack has ever been. High reputation allows you to vote on items higher than your max backpack value.

The multiplier is very simple and was created to allow people with more knowledge about the market to participate in higher price suggestions. It's currently calculated with the formula: contribution points divided by 250.

There is a bottom and top limit. The minimum multiplier will always be 1, and the maximum multiplier one person can get is 5.

In other words, if you have 500 contribution points, your multiplier will be 2. If your backpack's all-time highest value has been 1 bud, this means you can now suggest a price of up to 2 buds, and vote on items valued up to 2 buds.

Okay, still don't agree on that, but I've already wasted too much of your time. Feel free to lock this.

P.S.

Why is the "outdated" mark on the unusuals still broken... (Yes, I filed a bug report, but Brad won't respond :( )

P.P.S.

There should be something that encourages more unusual suggestions, about a third to a half of unusuals are unpriced or outdated, and the bug mentioned above isn't helping.

Archived