Counter / Supporting Proof Notification?

KoDoRiN

I find it very annoying that I missed a vote mainly due to the comments supporting / countering the proof and I never knew about it. Maybe there should be a notification like when you vote a particular item and a user posted a comment involving countering/Supporting proof, they can check "supporting" or "countering" and everyone that voted gets a (maybe blue?) notification that there's counter / supporting proof? And if people misuse this feature if it were to be implemented, maybe give them a warning then a bannable offense? Just a thought.

on a key suggestion:

every piece of spam and stupidity is tagged as counterproof.

It's the voter's responsibility to check themselves before they vote in most cases. If you haven't and blindly upvote or downvote due to amount of links, you're doing it wrong.

It's the voter's responsibility to check themselves before they vote in most cases. If you haven't and blindly upvote or downvote due to amount of links, you're doing it wrong.

Except, there is an issue with that. You can't possibly check every suggestion you've voted on prior to it being accepted. Aside from never know when the proof will be added, it would require everyone to double/triple check their votes. Which becomes a logistical nightmare.

Maybe, if there was a system in place that all suggestions would be accepted within a 1-2hour window each day, then you could go through all of your votes before the hour, and see if you should change any of your votes.

.It's the voter's responsibility to check themselves before they vote in most cases. If you haven't and blindly upvote or downvote due to amount of links, you're doing it wrong.

Actually I vote on bp.tf daily and vote on most suggestions. I currently have over 900 votes this month with around 95% accuracy. For me, it would be impossible to check every. Single. Vote. That's why it would be nice for users like me to have this feature.

Actually I vote on bp.tf daily and vote on most suggestions. I currently have over 900 votes this month with around 95% accuracy. For me, it would be impossible to check every. Single. Vote. That's why it would be nice for users like me to have this feature.

Its not practical though. I had a similar idea a while back in order to filter through comments (main idea was to separate random comments from comments containing proof---i.e. people would be given the choice when writing a comment to put it in the bs section, or proof section). 

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/115-stop-the-spam/?p=746

Agree with the other comments here. That would be a ton of notifications. I would suggest limiting your votes to suggestions you know are accurate or have solid enough proof that they can't be countered.

Agree with the other comments here. That would be a ton of notifications. I would suggest limiting your votes to suggestions you know are accurate or have solid enough proof that they can't be countered.

But realistically, how many counter/supporting proof do you see a day? Now I'm no moderator so correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that that there would be less than 2 digit numbers counter/supporting proof notifications (aside from key suggestions) daily assuming you voted in every single suggestions. But again I'm just sort of guessing so correct me if I'm wrong.

Archived