Counter Proof suggestion

imFree

I don't see a lot of people counter arguing suggestions. The reason of this i believe to be the lack of motivation ( The prestige of a rank like you get from a lot of suggestions  ). 

The way this would work / be used. 

If a suggestion has proof and its clearly out of the price range that was suggested , you leave a comment , most people see it they downvote or see for themselves that the proof is bogus and they downvote. Simple :)

But what if the proof is biased and most people do not see that its biased and they upvote..? ( could lead to a lot of rapid price rises and falls )

The way we ( you ) could counter that is by implementing counter suggestions:

When a person would see that a suggestion is biased and the proof presented is somewhat invalid they would click an option "Argue Proof" or "Counter Proof Suggestion" Something along lines that.

This would open up a vote within the vote or maybe something along those lines..?

The person would then have to do the exact same thing that they do when they want to suggest a new price and if the Counter Proof passes the initial Suggestion would be closed and the person that initially suggested the new price would get his rank downgraded by one as if the proof was rejected and the person that suggested the counter proof would have his rank increased as if a suggestion for him was accepted.

Of course this should work both ways , so it would work with opposing effects if counter proof fails and the suggestion goes through.

This is just an idea i had to help the website and TF2 trading in general , hope it hasn't been posted before so i don't get flamed at :(

I don't see a lot of people counter arguing suggestions. The reason of this i believe to be the lack of motivation ( The prestige of a rank like you get from a lot of suggestions  ). 

The way this would work / be used. 

If a suggestion has proof and its clearly out of the price range that was suggested , you leave a comment , most people see it they downvote or see for themselves that the proof is bogus and they downvote. Simple :)

But what if the proof is biased and most people do not see that its biased and they upvote..? ( could lead to a lot of rapid price rises and falls )

The way we ( you ) could counter that is by implementing counter suggestions:

When a person would see that a suggestion is biased and the proof presented is somewhat invalid they would click an option "Argue Proof" or "Counter Proof Suggestion" Something along lines that.

This would open up a vote within the vote or maybe something along those lines..?

The person would then have to do the exact same thing that they do when they want to suggest a new price and if the Counter Proof passes the initial Suggestion would be closed and the person that initially suggested the new price would get his rank downgraded by one as if the proof was rejected and the person that suggested the counter proof would have his rank increased as if a suggestion for him was accepted.

Of course this should work both ways , so it would work with opposing effects if counter proof fails and the suggestion goes through.

This is just an idea i had to help the website and TF2 trading in general , hope it hasn't been posted before so i don't get flamed at :(

I'd say my idea to delay voting would be much simpler ti implement, do the same thing, and be less confusing. Plus, it will give newer suggesters a chance to rectify themselves rather than, essentially kicking them while their down. 

I'd say my idea to delay voting would be much simpler ti implement, do the same thing, and be less confusing. Plus, it will give newer suggesters a chance to rectify themselves rather than, essentially kicking them while their down. 

This is the problem

Hue, voting.       

I just upvote all blue belt people/green belt people and downvote all the tardising autposting nubs. Occasionally I open a suggestion and provide counterproof. 

And what when the vote is delayed ? What is the proof still doesn't apply and is still biased..?

Archived