Unable to add friend after accidentally blocking him

eggbot

I unblocked him and tried to search for his name

However , "search failed , please try again later" appeared

His name is blurryf^ce

He is an owner of the steaming gentlemanns gatsby if it helps

Cant find him :(

Main problem here is that the search failed for sone reason

Did he have a custom url? You might be able to find him that way.

Are you able to communicate with him in any other way? If so, contact him and get him to add you. Or, if you've traded with him, check your trade history. Lastly, are you friends with any of his friends? Because you can find him in their friends list if so.

Did you ever trade with him? If so you can search for his name/profile in your trade history. Open your Inventory in the steam browser and then click on "More". Then on "View Inventory History". Like this. http://i.imgur.com/mmiZKuC.png. Search for the trade with him and then click on his name to get to his profile.

Another way would be to ask a friend of yours who got him on his list for his ID/profile link. But you guess you would have done this already if you had a common friend. Or just check your friends FL for the guy you're looking for.

You can also find him via bp.tf/outpost/other trade site if you know which items he's trying to sell. Just use the search function to search for the items he sells and scroll through the trades until you find him.

I think that's all I got. Good luck on your search. :)

Though this user already found the friend he searched for:

In addition to everything that was stated before I would like to add you can also check your "recently played with" list. 

In case you recently played with him.  ^_^

go to your friends section on your profile and find the Blocked Players section and unblock your friend :)

You can find the list of users you've blocked on steam for future reference.

I unblocked him and tried to search for his name

It's the first sentence. THE FIRST SENTENCE! Good reading skills, guys.

Archived