30-Minute Hold on Voting.

AwesomeMcCoolName

Ok, so we all know that the majority of the voting happens in the beginning like the suggestion is still on the front page. Unfortunately at this time the suggesters proof is often lacking and/or no one has had a chance to prove him/her right or wrong. So a lot of people vote purely based on the suggesters initial comment. 

So i had an idea, Delay voting. Put a 30-minute hold between when a suggestion is made and when votes can be placed. This time will allow the suggester/voters/mods to look through the proof, provide counterproof, and THEN the voters can make an informed decision. This way voters won't be able to vote until someone has a chance to prove the suggestion right or wrong. 

Pros:

>Voters will have more knowledge at the time of voting.

>Voters won't lose points. Voters will often downvote a suggestion because it doesn't have proof just to have someone else add proof later on, and it gets accepted (or visa-versa). 

>Some of the proof could work itself out. Ex: If there was a 1.66 unsold trade, it could sell during the 30-minute period. So by the time voters can vote, the trade is no longer valid as an unsold trade, whereas before people would've upvoted it as it was valid. 

Cons:

>Can't vote right away...

>Can't really think of any. 

P.S. i purposely put this in General Discussions rather than Suggestions because i'm curious to know what people think about it. 

P.P.S its 2am...so...yea. 

Good idea. But most people will still blindly vote, imo

Maybe, but it will definitely stop a lot of people who would normally vote solely based on the suggesters proof. Also, voting can/should be removed from the main page :3 

P.s. another idea i had, what about adding "next/previous" buttons. This way you could open up a suggestion and then click next to go to the next one, rather than going back to the home page, and then going to the next one--might encourage people to open suggestions, since its easy to get to the next one. 

Maybe, but it will definitely stop a lot of people who would normally vote solely based on the suggesters proof. Also, voting can/should be removed from the main page :3 

P.s. another idea i had, what about adding "next/previous" buttons. This way you could open up a suggestion and then click next to go to the next one, rather than going back to the home page, and then going to the next one--might encourage people to open suggestions, since its easy to get to the next one. 

When you are on the voting page just make a new tab with the suggestion you like to vote on?

When you are on the voting page just make a new tab with the suggestion you like to vote on?

But its easier if you're already in a suggestion to just click next. 

Honestly, it does happen, that i often don't vote on more controversial suggestions because i'm too lazy to open it up

But its easier if you're already in a suggestion to just click next. 

Honestly, it does happen, that i often don't vote on more controversial suggestions because i'm too lazy to open it up

You are too lazy for everything.

You are too lazy for everything.

Have you not seen my suggestions....they're literally the exact opposite of lazy.

Archived