Bait and Switch

DJCaseyD

Guys, I'm sure I'll get multiple opinions on this, but what do you think about this scenario?

Guy on outpost has an unusual taunt for sale. He prices it at a certain amount. Another guy ( a friend of mine, hence my interest) agrees to that price and sends an offer. Upon sending the offer, he is told that the buyout is higher now. So, I watch the trade. He does up the price. I then see a different person express interest and said he will send an offer. The price then goes up again. Then, another guy posts in the trade that he wants it for that price. The next time I look, the price is now up again.  Is this guy just a real jerk or is this normal trading behavior? I get that you want to get as much as you can for an item, but come on. If you price something, and someone agrees to it, it seems like you should man up. Otherwise, do your homework on pricing before you put it out there OR just put in the description that you're looking for offers. Don't put a specific price.  I don't know. Maybe I'm just too oldschool. :)

it's just greed

people will try to get people to fight over stuff, therefore raising the price to see who wants it more

That would most likely fall under "Douchebag Traders" or "Price Manipulation" depending on whether or not the offers are valid and from different impartial people.

Archived