What Happens to the community if TF2 has a competitive feature like CSGO

Vaccinated Autist

meh i dont even know,probs more server kicks since TF2 is f2p

and betting would be harder since there arent much marketable tf2 items

Just because a game can have a competitive scene doesn't mean we have to bet on matches, we can still just enjoy watching people play.

Competitive would be an easier to jump into break from pubs, I'd imagine it being similar to lobbies but what I'm most curious on is the formats.

Will it be Highlander, 6s, 4s, Ultiduo and etc.

There already is TF2 competitive, it's just not as accesible as CS:GO (in case you didn't know)

He's asking if it was put into TF2 as it is in CSGO with the availability right from the main menu and likely with Valve made ranking systems.

He's asking if it was put into TF2 as it is in CSGO with the availability right from the main menu and likely with Valve made ranking systems.

That's what I assumed, just posting that as a clarification. Some people don't know about TF2 competitive at all lmao.

I think the format would be something like HL, Valve doesn't like 6s because there is such a strict format and not all classes/items are used

The whole reason I play CSGO and not TF2 anymore is because of the integrated competitive system. Community based competitive for TF2 is there, but with no repercussions, like the ban and cooldown thing in CSGO, TF2 seems too messy. If they did implement it, there would definitely be a surge of great players and revitalization of the game. Too bad the valve team would never do it.

I dont think it will happen..

It is what makes the csgo community unique. Tf2 has its stuff (earbuds, maxs, refined-smaller currency) and CS:GO has its stuff (betting, competitive based game)

It will loss what I think is the nice thing about tf2, the community is nice and I like to mess around with people and have fun. If competitive is implemented people will change to a more agressive style. It may bother some people but I like when a server stops killing each other to do the conga.

Archived