Help: I need updated trading tips and advice

Kai9001

Hello guys, I am making this thread asking for help on how to make profitable trades in recent times.

*************************************Sob story shit alert - Feel free to skip unless you feel like reading*****************************************
I have been trading since 2012, and used to  always been able to make trading fun and profitable usually by flipping hot items by buying as many as I can for as cheap as I can in the first hours of release,or by playing the classic scout's get rich slow scheme and selling BMOCs in October before the pre-hype which it used to peak. But as of recently, all my old tricks have become mediocre as it seems everyone is doing the same thing I trying to do now to the point where I haven't had a really profitable trade since fall 2014.

I have built a strong backpack full of neat stuff, but as of recently, it seems that everything is just going down the crapper either suddenly or very slowly. The re-release of the kritz isn't helping at all either since not only did I lose 10 keys from that, but gunslinger is going down too since it is also a candidate for a re-release. Australiums are just slowly sinking at the moment, buds are going worse than ever. All promos are falling, as are all festives. Trading hypes lag a lot now with the new dumb trading restrictions from the SCM leaving any hype to die before it reaches the market.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It just seems like a lose/lose slower kinda game in the tf2 economy, my question is this: is it worth it to try hold on till the summer (where it will hopefully get better) or just do like everyone else and cash out?

If yes to the first part, then how do I make smart profitable trades without relying on SCM too much? How do you guys make profits? I have 20 keys available from selling the shitty kritz as soon as I could so what can I do with that to invest? With how radical valve has been with making australiums drop-able in any mission and confirming that no strange weapon is safe (except maybe limited ones). What do you guys think?

tl;dr: Stay in or cash out? If stay in, then invest where?

Haunted halloween items will spike in price after the event, but make sure you sell them before the summer of the next year.

Hello guys, I am making this thread asking for help on how to make profitable trades in recent times.

*************************************Sob story shit alert - Feel free to skip unless you feel like reading*****************************************

I have been trading since 2012, and used to  always been able to make trading fun and profitable usually by flipping hot items by buying as many as I can for as cheap as I can in the first hours of release,or by playing the classic scout's get rich slow scheme and selling BMOCs in October before the pre-hype which it used to peak. But as of recently, all my old tricks have become mediocre as it seems everyone is doing the same thing I trying to do now to the point where I haven't had a really profitable trade since fall 2014.

I have built a strong backpack full of neat stuff, but as of recently, it seems that everything is just going down the crapper either suddenly or very slowly. The re-release of the kritz isn't helping at all either since not only did I lose 10 keys from that, but gunslinger is going down too since it is also a candidate for a re-release. Australiums are just slowly sinking at the moment, buds are going worse than ever. All promos are falling, as are all festives. Trading hypes lag a lot now with the new dumb trading restrictions from the SCM leaving any hype to die before it reaches the market.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It just seems like a lose/lose slower kinda game in the tf2 economy, my question is this: is it worth it to try hold on till the summer (where it will hopefully get better) or just do like everyone else and cash out?

If yes to the first part, then how do I make smart profitable trades without relying on SCM too much? How do you guys make profits? I have 20 keys available from selling the shitty kritz as soon as I could so what can I do with that to invest? With how radical valve has been with making australiums drop-able in any mission and confirming that no strange weapon is safe (except maybe limited ones). What do you guys think?

tl;dr: Stay in or cash out? If stay in, then invest where?

If you have the spare time, there is no doubt that it will get better. 20 Keys is more than enough to trade (I'm also sad about the kritzkrieg since I basically lost 20+ keys :c)

I feel as if trading is slower over the past month(s) though it's still very possible.

My method of profiting would be similar to most - quickbuying (though I do have outpost premium)

http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/655569

It's mainly just quickbuying popular items and selling them full price 

With 20 Keys, you could start with popular items that are worth a few keys (i.e. Bill's, Pool Party, Taunts in general or BMOCs etc.) and expand to more expensive items later when you've made profit (Australiums, Strange Festives, Unusuals)

Look at my backpack history (the graph thing c:)

I can only suggest trading taunts, they will always be high on the market. Mostly since I'm able to make a decent profit from selling them. : P

Archived