Failed to load steamui.dll

Fenrir

Everytime I launch steam I get an error with that message. Fixes to this with out deleting or reinstalling steam? Dont want to have to redownload all my games and shit.

This is a suggestion made in complete ignorance, but... Have you tried downloading the steamui.dll file from the internet? I once had a problem with a program, a file was missing, and it was a paid program, so I downloaded the free demo, which contained the file, and I was then able to run the program. Perhaps you can just sort of replace that file.

This is a suggestion made in complete ignorance, but... Have you tried downloading the steamui.dll file from the internet? I once had a problem with a program, a file was missing, and it was a paid program, so I downloaded the free demo, which contained the file, and I was then able to run the program. Perhaps you can just sort of replace that file.

Except I would honeslty have no idea where to put the .dll file once I downloaded since I dont know where this was in the first place.

I didn't move the demo anywhere, it just started working when I did this. I don't know that my suggestion would work, your problem just reminded me of my own which was remedied by this.

Is this windows 8.1?

I dont know, just know that I am a Windows 8 user. In fact, I just downloaded a Windows update and then this started happening

Try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ and deleting SteamUI.dll, then run Steam. It should start updating and work. Also try deleting Steam\steam\cached

Source:

Try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ and deleting SteamUI.dll, then run Steam. It should start updating and work. Also try deleting Steam\steam\cached

Source:

Surprisingly deleting Steam cached worked. Thanks man :) it seems to be updating now

Archived