I need a review about my first YouTube trickstab video.

Bryze ⇄

No offense , but..

Horrible choice in music, the stabs look like any other backstab

• Use some fun/catchy music, like Super Hexagon music for example.
  • Try getting other clips on other game modes/maps so it's not just one map that we see you getting the same kills over and over and over
  • Different loadout(s) to give it a twist.

If possible, record some moments of people raging on mic.

first off, I hate the music. I love techno/dubstep music myself, but the song choice was awful.  Pick something more relaxing. Otherwise, like you've mentioned playing on a more popular map ex dustbowl or 2 fort would be more ideal. As a whole, the video quality in itself is fine, i don't see any large errors there. Cut any deaths out, usually makes you look less of a professional (as that's what the video is trying to present) the fact that it was also a (valve?) noobish server kind of made it less enjoyable for me. Hopefully this helps you out a bit.

Also, gave the video a thumbs up and subbed.

Keeping going dude! :)

-Venom

the music is just yuck

i feel like you shouldn't have kept the scenes in where you died/literally just held down your mouse 1 button, because to be honest for me i saw like 4 trickstabs and the rest were jumps and deaths

also like said in the readit post degroot keep is ez to get trickstabs 'n' shizzle, plus the fact that this was from a pub and pubs generally consist of lesser experienced players kinda turned it off for me

I'd recommend including more chainstabs and editing out most—if not all—of your deaths.

Other than that it looks great to me! Keep up the good work :)

Leave the clips like 0:50 out of the video. It's just spamming m1 as a spy on a heavy, so it's hardly a trickstab.

The same around 2:00 (after the two nice stabs on the heavy and demo), you just go m1'ing on the point, which you best can edit out imo.

Simple matadors, dropstabs, and just 'plain old' backstabs don't appeal to people anymore. I recommend you learn some more advanced tricks first. CulRulDud (probably my favorite spy) is a great source for inspiration, check out his videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwxaiMyh104scjDbCon1NoA

The stab you featured at the end of the video against the demoman is nothing special, just him turning towards the stairs and therefore showing his back. If you thought it was a 'facestab' you are wrong (I don't see why else you would highlight it).

If you need some help practicing I'm willing to play with you for a bit.

You need more/unique edits, more stabs, a variety of stabs/maps, and I'll have to agree with other people on the choice of music.

Edit 1: Also zoom in on chat when you want to point out what's going on in the chat so people don't have to squint.

Edit 2: There's too much time in between stabs and you should probably only include interesting stabs or stab-streaks.

Edit 3: Don't include "f2p" clips such as the one seen at 1:57.

If you are going to make a video get a variety of clips. To be totally honest, it seems like all the kills in that video could have come from one life. Try playing some non-melee games so that the audience can get more of a feel for the game. Having a bunch of melee players on a point doesn't prove the viewer anything. I actually didn't mind the music.

In all honesty, ive seen much of this before. Music could use some work.

Also, props to the comments who remained on task and arent calling him out being a uoutube wannabee.

So yeah, I just opened a YouTube channel.

Made a Reddit post about it already, but I'd like to see what you guys in backpack.tf forums think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0FrGRZuL2w

People on Reddit already pointed out that the music is bad (too loud and too much bass), and that cp_degrootkeep gives spies advantage compared to other classes (although I did not disguise in the entire video, I have to agree), so I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Any other advise/tips?

Pointing this out again... crappy choice of music (in my opinion). For the part where you edited it to say "Read Chat" you should rather just zoom in to make it easier on my eyes ^^. Parts should be cut down to where they only feature the stabs instead of delaying them with running from respawn and etc. (Since barely anyone enjoys watching you running from spawn to the battlefield w/o commentary). Otherwise, I feel like its a pretty good first attempt.

and hopefully your last...

generally what everyone else said, and might want to spice up your spy a bit, i.e. white bills, party phantom, and a white spy suit that isn't the after dark

Good attempt for first try, however you should probably make the clips a somewhat mix of different maps as it seems like kind of the same stabs over and over again. You should probably edit out the stabs where you just continuously keep on clicking like at 0:50 BTW, I really like the stabs at 0:08 to 0:016. Oh and the name of the video is kind of weird. 

And I dont know why, but I actually kind of liked the music.

Thanks for all the tips!

I removed the video, after realising indeed, the music isn't fitting.

I'll try some Super Hexagon music later on XD

What's wrong with facestabs?

And should I really change my loadout? Bill's hat, Party Phantom and Something Special?

Good attempt for first try, however you should probably make the clips a somewhat mix of different maps as it seems like kind of the same stabs over and over again. You should probably edit out the stabs where you just continuously keep on clicking like at 0:50 BTW, I really like the stabs at 0:08 to 0:016. Oh and the name of the video is kind of weird. 

And I dont know why, but I actually kind of liked the music.

Yah, it's personal hehe

There is no genre everyone likes.

Anyway, I'll have some better content soon, so thanks for the help y'all, I appreciate it!

Uhm... what?

Why would matadorstabs not require skill...

Matadors are not facestabs...

Facestab = attacking someone from the front, not a backstab, so ~40 dmg.

Matadors are not facestabs...

Facestab = attacking someone from the front, not a backstab, so ~40 dmg.

Umm, no...

Quote from wiki: 

"Due to an in-game glitch, a stab that has appeared to have occurred from the front can sometimes be rendered as a backstab. Known more commonly as a facestab, these kills are now mostly the result of lag compensation by the game engine itself."

I didn't do any 40 dmg stabs in that video.

And according to what wiki.teamfortress.com and Deku are saying, I did that, which I did not do either.

Anyway, I'm gonna close this discussion.

Archived