Drag items into steam chat

Dabombber

I'm not sure if this is possible, but being able to drag items from backpack.tf into chat in the same way you can drag them from steamcommunity.com would be quite nice.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but not being able to drag items from steam client into chat like it does right now would be nice.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but not being able to drag items from steam client into chat like it does right now would be nice.

You clearly have not dealt with too many random chinese fellows trying to buy things from you. Sometimes it is best for them just to drag the item than use google translate for the name or whatever.

You clearly have not dealt with too many random chinese fellows trying to buy things from you. Sometimes it is best for them just to drag the item than use google translate for the name or whatever.

ARE YOU SELL PHONES

I rived in china fo 10 yeers, dontchu tell me wot to do bic boi

Theres nothing more annoying then when people try and buy/sell you something by sending you the link to the item in their inventory rather than just saying what it is.

Unless they fail to recall the name of the item they are selling and you are buying

another update, steam profile isn't linked from bp page anymore(?!?!?)

javascript:(function(){inv="<a\x20href=http://steamcommunity.com"+$("a[href^='/profiles/']")[0].href.replace(/.*tf/,'')+"/inventory/#440_2_";$("li.item").html(function(){return(inv+$(this).data("id")+'>'+this.innerHTML+'</a>')})})();

That grabs the profiles of the currently logged in user instead of the profile you're viewing. There's lots of profile links around the page, I'm not sure which is the best to use. Here's a version using the trust link:

javascript:(function(){inv="<a\x20href=http://steamcommunity.com"+$("a[href^='/trust/']")[0].href.replace(/.*tf\/trust/,'/profiles')+"/inventory/#440_2_";$("li.item").html(function(){return(inv+$(this).data("id")+'>'+this.innerHTML+'</a>')})})();

Could possibly be cleaner, but it works.

oh good catch. I see the steamid is in the profile mouseover panel $("a.user-handle").data("id") and it's arguably "cleaner" to use that since there's no text manipulation.  But it could change at anytime, whereas the trust link is here to stay.

Archived