Gaming-hardware issue.

AwesomeMcCoolName

I was playing blacklight: Retribution on my computer (deactivated motion blur), and when i turn everything still gets out of focus--i.e. i can't focus fast enough to be able to really see anything while moving. Is this because i have a 60hz monitor or because my gpu doesn't do aa? (Never had this problem playing cod on ps3). If so, will i have a similar problem with Battlefield 4?

TL;DR i can't see jack when i'm moving as nothing updates fast enough. 

Is it caused by:

Lack of AA?

60hz monitor frequency (normally play fps on console on 120 hz tv)?

crappy frame rate?

just the way the game plays? 

what's your normal in game frame rate? 

if its higher than 60, try hooking your pc up to a 120 hz monitor and see if that helps

60 hertz isnt the problem. thats 60 fps. you see barely 30. 120 is for 3d

aa just smooths the corners of pixels

and i dont know why

do you see a difference in playing at 30fps and 60 fps? not unless you're actually looking for the difference

Yes. It's fairly obvious when my FPS dips below 50 lol

Lowered all the settings to minimum (getting 40-50 fps on average), and it seems to be fixed. Not sure which setting did it as i lowered them all at once, and i'm too lazy to check 'em one at a time. 

Can we see some screenshots? Or is it all fixed?

SSs won't really help as it was just rendering too slowly to be able to constantly focus (i think). But as it stands right now, its working fine just on low settings. 

SSs won't really help as it was just rendering too slowly to be able to constantly focus (i think). But as it stands right now, its working fine just on low settings.

What do you mean by focus?

What do you mean by focus?

The problem was, the game wasn't rendering fast enough, so when you would move everything would get all blurred, like a less less severe motion blur. 

The problem was, the game wasn't rendering fast enough, so when you would move everything would get all blurred, like a less less severe motion blur. 

Hmm. I've never had anything like that happen when I get a lower framerate. It's always just a slideshow D:

But, oh well. I guess it's fixed now.

Hmm. I've never had anything like that happen when I get a lower framerate. It's always just a slideshow D:

But, oh well. I guess it's fixed now.

the frame rate wasn't really lower. It was like 38-40 rather than 43-48.

Archived