Weightless things may be unmovable.

MC22

A car in space

Can be moved, also not weightless as there is still gravity in space, just far far less as you're not usually near any planetary bodies. 

If you are in a complete vacuum, there is no possible way to move anything unless it is right beside you, and after moving it you would just fly away in the opposite direction.

Can be moved, also not weightless as there is still gravity in space, just far far less as you're not usually near any planetary bodies.

well, true.

but where that space is, is there gravity?

I was thinking of a hypothetical perfectly 0 g space.

If you are in a complete vacuum, there is no possible way to move anything unless it is right beside you, and after moving it you would just fly away in the opposite direction.

yay for 3rd law.

Technically there is no such thing as "no gravity" anything with mass exerts it's own gravity. Though it is to a much smaller extent to earth we all have our own gravity.

So technically the car in space would have it's own gravitational pull.

Can't you just push the car? You'll move in the opposite direction (3rd law, as you said), but the car will move too, right?

Let me restate my conjecture, or whatever it is

An object with near infinite mass is slowly moving towards you, and is going to crush you into a 3rd object. Assume your manpower is not superhuman.

An object with near infinite mass is slowly moving towards you, and is going to crush you into a 3rd object. Assume your manpower is not superhuman.

Since when does a car have near infinite mass? Lol.

If you're in space then the mass of the object wouldn't matter, would it?

If you're in space then the mass of the object wouldn't matter, would it?

Well, yes you'd instantaneously explode, but I meant with like a spacesuit or something.

I don't understand physics or math or anything, I'm an idiot, but if the object had near infinite mass, wouldn't it form a black hole? 

I'm not sure what your question was.

If a car is coming at you with a large velocity in space, when it impacts with your body, you will still feel an impact. The car will change velocity as well. This is the definition of inelastic collision, where an object with initial velocity impacts a second object with zero velocity. Kinetic energy of the car before the collision and after the collision is not conserved, since some of that energy has turned into heat energy of your body ripping.

Nothing can be "unmovable" because that would mean it needs to have infinite mass, and infinity is just a concept. In the physical world, things have finite mass, which means anything can be moved, even if it is by a very tiny amount. F=ma, thus any force upon a mass will cause a proportional acceleration.

Archived