Just Rooted my S4...

There

I rooted it and installed Cyanogen Mod. I love it so far! So much smoother than TouchWiz! So... I'm bored. You guys have any recommendations for me? 

I bricked my S4 lol

I almost did. If I did, I would have to go out and buy a Micro SD card, so it wouldn't be that bad. 

I didn't wipe /data or /system or whatever (lol i don't know anything about roots) when I flashed my phone with Cyanogen, and it wouldn't boot. So I went back and wiped it, but lost my ROM. I thought that I would have to flash again in order for it to work, and I had just deleted my ROM. But I didn't. Oh well. And I guess it wouldn't be a brick. Just a typical error caused by my impatience.

And do you have any recovery installed? 

I almost did. If I did, I would have to go out and buy a Micro SD card, so it wouldn't be that bad. 

I didn't wipe /data or /system or whatever (lol i don't know anything about roots) when I flashed my phone with Cyanogen, and it wouldn't boot. So I went back and wiped it, but lost my ROM. I thought that I would have to flash again in order for it to work, and I had just deleted my ROM. But I didn't. Oh well.

And do you have any recovery installed? 

It was a hard brick. I lit my S4 on fire and moonshined a DroidDNA

It was a hard brick. I lit my S4 on fire and moonshined a DroidDNA

Ah. Well, that sucks. Did you have to pay the full price for the DNA?

Ah. Well, that sucks. Did you have to pay the full price for the DNA?

$90 for the phone + otterbox case.

$90 for the phone + otterbox case.

Oh, that's not that bad.

Most high end smartphones are around $600, and they're around $200 with a two year contract. (although I've been seeing a lot of ads on YouTube about that being changed), and if you screw your phone up, you have to pay the full price, right? 

Oh, that's not that bad.

Most high end smartphones are around $600, and they're around $200 with a two year contract. (although I've been seeing a lot of ads on YouTube about that being changed), and if you screw your phone up, you have to pay the full price, right? 

Not if you pay for a warranty/protection plan. Most warranties will either fix it for free (if it was a fault of the phone). Or charge you $50 (bestbuy), $99 (Verizon) to outright replace it. 

Not if you pay for a warranty/protection plan. Most warranties will either fix it for free (if it was a fault of the phone). Or charge you $50 (bestbuy), $99 (Verizon) to outright replace it. 

I guess that's not too bad. 

i fried my first HTC One through rooting it. 

Stuck a faulty 110 plug into the wall and shocked the shit out of it melting the microusb port. Got a free replacement.

i fried my first HTC One through rooting it. 

Stuck a faulty 110 plug into the wall and shocked the shit out of it melting the microusb port. Got a free replacement.

You bought an HTC One? And how did you fry it through rooting it? It sounds like it was a faulty cable.

Archived