I got bp.tf banned unjustly

(UCN) Hungry Hoovy Inn

Today I was banned because I made a price suggestion for an unusual  that I happened to own. The reason why I made the suggestion was because #1 - it was a 7 month old price, and #2 - I noticed a trade where someone had bought the very same unusual for 3 buds pure. So after I create it, I leave and dont use bp.tf for a while. And when I come back, someone asked me if i had bought the unusual for another certain unusual. I replied to him saying that I did not, and said that I would just let the suggestion run its course, meaning I would not comment again. I then deleted my comment because it was not really relevant to the suggestion I had made. So then I leave, do some trading, come back to check if an unusual is clean, and boom... a red line through my name, and a Red box saying I'm banned for apparently having "Maipulative suggestions" and being a "repeat offender".

Suggestion:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54fa66e9b98d888f0b8b48b8

Outpost trade I based it on:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/24342856

What should I do? Please Help.

Repeat offender of obvious price manipulation.

Your ban wears out on Wednesday the 11th. Until then, wait it out.

Repeat offender of obvious price manipulation.

Your ban wears out on Wednesday the 11th. Until then, wait it out.

But how was it manipulative. Please explain.

Item didn't sell in that trade

It's pretty obvious.

The outpost one? I thought it sold but the guy just did not fade out the item....

The outpost one? I thought it sold but the guy just did not fade out the item....

Exactly, the only trade you used as proof. In turn, it made you out to be a manipulator. The item is still in his/her inventory, and someone even pointed that out.

Exactly, the only trade you used as proof. In turn, it made you out to be a manipulator. The item is still in his/her inventory, and someone even pointed that out.

I did not check if it was in his bp, I just assumed it had been traded, and as for the comment, I only noticed it as I was looking over it after i got the ban notification. I replied to that guy asking about how i got it beacuse it caught my eye. I really am an ameuter price suggester.I have only suggested 2 other things. I really just dont know what to do. I am really worried that i will be marked even after the "Ban" lifts.

what's with the outpost ban?

what outpost ban?

But how was it manipulative. Please explain.

Using unsold trades as proof to raise an item you own.

That's how.

Using unsold trades as proof to raise an item you own.

That's how.

Again, I did not know that it was unsold. This is my first time doing an unusual suggestion, and i guess i fucked up good didnt I

Again, I did not know that it was unsold. This is my first time doing an unusual suggestion, and i guess i fucked up good didnt I

Mistakes can be made, and avoided in the future.

Just be careful. You didn't fuck up so bad. Your ban wears out in just 4 days.

Mistakes can be made, and avoided in the future.

Yes, this is definitely a lesson for me to check deeper next time I make a suggestion, if I make a suggestion. But will the red cross through my name last after the ban? I have a reputation as a fair trader and that mark would ruin me. 

But will the red cross through my name last after the ban? I have a reputation as a fair trader and that mark would ruin me. 

It goes away after the time is served.

It goes away after the time is served.

Thank God. Thank you so much guys who helped me understand what was going on.

1st of all

do not make proofless or crap suggestions.

or else your other invalid suggestion with proof will make you banned.

the ban will fade in 5 days

It might look manipulative due to you owning one and the price is being raised.

Yes someone did offer 3 buds on it and the offer was accepted but the trade did not go though, Remember to check the history before making a suggestion and understand what was given and received. 

Just incase you didn't know price manipulation is pretty much you owning the item and making a price suggestion way higher than what it is and showing no proof.

Don't take this the wrong way but look at your old suggestions a couple months back, suggestions with something along the line of "I think this item needs to be *insert price*" without supporting correct evidence or even evidence at all will be consitered price manipulation.

Just remember to double check your evidence before posting a suggestion.

Archived