How can the universe be so smart

Traveller

The universe, with all its astronomical objects and planets are all under a very complicated system.

Everything from the beginning to our present, all the events and results are full of wisdom. When the big

bang took place, how did it know, what made the big bang place every planet in its place with the

most accurate paths to move on and in billions of galaxies. How did the first cell on earth know how to

establish a new life. How was the first food web ever created. How did the genes know that apes and

other animals need to evolve into this.

Where did the world get all this wisdom, How can everything in this life be so organized ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probability i guess? There are so many possibilities for everything out there, i guess this planet, in this solar system, in this galaxy...(bla bla bla), got lucky?

Your writing style is really annoying. A blank rule after every sentence, but it's not really after every sentence. You cut sentences in half and then leave a blank rule before continuing the sentence.

On-topic: Ignoring creation theories, most likely the existence of every species of animals is random. They are sheer chance out of random mutations etc. It wasn't a planning. At the big bang the universe didn't decide there should be gorillas and chimpanzees, they just came to be

For a religious human (like myself) .. here is where the God argument take place. We believe that it's impossible for universe to create itself .. we might argue about big bang or evolution or whatever .. but for us (or me atleast) if those did occur there must be a God in control, it is NOT possible for everything to be perfectly functioning by let's say a fluke/luck or whatever the case maybe. So for me the answer is God created everything .. organised .. perfect for humans to live.

I personally find the basis of God really stupid and I refuse to believe it.

There is no way he "created" the universe. What tools did he use? How did he do it? Who created him?

Short answer to what you're asking, they didn't.

Longer answer, things that thrive have existed while those that could not adapt to their environments slowly died off.  What you see now is the success of a universe over time, while things that were unfit to exist were destroyed.  The concept that a deity created anything is just an easy and lazy way to explain things when you don't want to get into details, and just say "god did it".  Wisdom is not a tangible object and is not "created" either, which leads to a misrepresentation of this question to some people.  Wisdom is an idea that organisms with developed brains have when they can observe and learn from their surroundings, gaining knowledge about it.  Humans seem to have the most suitable brain for creating and retaining knowledge, as shown by their thriving species.  Non-living things do not have wisdom and are only through a matter of chance that they've happened.

There is no way he "created" the universe. What tools did he use? How did he do it? Who created him?

Think you are asking the wrong people and maybe the wrong questions.

I believe only God could do it. The intricacies of life and nature are too great to say it was just a big bang.

Think you are asking the wrong people and maybe the wrong questions.

I believe only God could do it. The intricacies of life and nature are too great to say it was just a big bang.

So what makes God so much better than an event large enough to create this vast universe and everything we know and so much more?  It just seems lazy to brush it off saying "it's too complex for A, it must have been B"

So what makes God so much better than an event large enough to create this vast universe and everything we know and so much more? It just seems lazy to brush it off saying "it's too complex for A, it must have been B"

But vice versa negates A as well. I dint think it just is either. Brushing it off as the big bang is lazier than the bibles 7 days of creation.

i like the idea of the combination of science and religion, where there was a Big Bang (The idea doesn't cover after that, but I think yeah the universe went about its business .Seeing how its nearly infinite, the universe is like the infinite monkeys with a typewriter phrase, with the Shakespeare story they eventually pump out being the Earth.  I think that since we can't explian how the Big Bang happened, I think the idea of saying God kickstarted that is a perfect merge.

He snapped his fingers and earth was created

All religions are pointless in my opinion. It's human nature to try and find a logical explanation for things, and when that thing is just too 'impossible' It becomes 1 of 2 things.

1- It's due to some divine creator.

2- It's merely coincidental.

Most people tend to think it's a divine creator, however there are very few things which are truly 'impossible'. I would say that religion only exists due to lack of wisdom, or knowledge from humans.

(I'm not trying to offend here, I'm just expressing my opinion)

I would love to hear everyone else's opinions.

So when we don't understand something, we call it God? If we did that over and over again we will never learn why, or how, etc(We would not even have the computer you are typing on). The universe is complex so it takes God to create it, okay I can see where you are coming from. But how did that being even more complex than the universe come into existence. Even better, why create it? God would be too complex to understand. 

Just because humans are too simple to understand everything, does not mean there is a God. Go back into the 1850s with your computer, car, gadgets. Most people at that time would not understand a thing about it, but as you went further in time more people could understand more things.

Even if there is God, God should not be used to explain things because doing that would leave people no where.

He snapped his fingers and earth was created

It was a 7 day process to create the earth, so no. The first day, He created the earth and the heavens. The second day was light and the sky. The third day was land, seas, and plants. The fourth day was day and night (the sun and the moon). On the fifth day, He created sea creatures and birds. On the sixth day, He created land creatures and humans. The seventh day was a day of rest.

It was a 7 day process to create the earth, so no. The first day, He created the earth and the heavens. The second day was light and the sky. The third day was land, seas, and plants. The fourth day was day and night (the sun and the moon). On the fifth day, He created sea creatures and birds. On the sixth day, He created land creatures and humans. The seventh day was a day of rest.

Why didn't he just create it all instantly?

Why do it over 6 days?

Because it makes a better story?

Why do it over 6 days?

I cannot explain that, the Bible does not have any reasoning as to why it took 6 days.

Ok, now tell us how God was created

Well, if there is God an explanation would be God being above of what he created. So time does not affect God and also creation as God is creation of all.

What if, lets say what if one day the world was shocked to see that God was disproved or that God is alot different from what the books of any religion said. How would you feel and what would you think of it?

Why do it over 6 days?

There could still be God but God can be different from what anyone thinks God is. Sure there can be God but if so, I don't think any religion has it right or completely right.

The real question isn't why everything seems to be organized, but more why there even is a Universe. This should be infinite nothingness, it's the somethingness is the most absurd inexplicable thing.

Really though, the Universe is more of a "see what you want to see" sort of situation, if you don't want to acknowledge any sort of higher power or otherwordly beings, then they likely do not exist to that reality. No evidence will ever convince otherwise. Some people live in a world where there's a God watching over who makes everything right, and when bad and hurtful things happen, those people cling closer to their God as a safe haven for their mental states and frustrations.

The ultimate reality, though, is somewhere in the middle. There's not a being "God" but again, we are a microcosm, so it's likely that our essence as beings is tied to the beginning of the Universe, however, it's also verly likely that all beginnings are simply illusionary, the Universe has and always will exist, life will always exist in some way, and you will be born and die infinitely, as you always have, popping up in different existences across eternity in lives that help shape your eternal being - which is the closest state to absolute essence and godliness. Somewhere in this is a sort of understanding that the Universe is a tool itself for you. You just have to find your place in it be carving it out, because in the end, that's what we crave most with our human lives, to make this a place of our own creation, to emulate and further understand "the creator" or the source, by chasing our own essences.

Have fun!

Ok, now tell us how God was created

According to Christian belief (Can't speak for the Jewish and Muslim faith, but I think everyone agreed on this) God was eternal. He didn't have a start, and won't have a end. It's a difficult thing to agree with/accept/understand, I get that. I'm just answering questions here.

I cannot explain that, the Bible does not have any reasoning as to why it took 6 days.

I'm working under the understanding that you aren't a creationist right now, so I assume you mean that the universe was created in 6 days. Even so, that's clearly false. Faith is good and well (I'm Catholic myself), but when we refuse to acknowledge clear science that states otherwise, we're no better than, say those who rejected Galileo. That kind of rejection is quite clearly serving as nothing more than a setback to the full advancement of science.

Remember, up until around Judges, pretty much everything there as been determined as simply a myth, collection of stories, etc. The universe and Earth took a lot longer than 6 days to be made, there was no flood, Noah didn't really live up until 200-sih. Abraham appears to be a combination of the various tribes of Israel's "hero/founder legends", along with Isaac and Jacob. After that, things are more likely that they occurred. However, that is not always the case, Samson and Delilah being a perfect example.

I also read about this super-trippy "new" theory that the universe is nothing more than a simulation, and that somehow ties into String Theory (I don't really understand). It almost makes sense, in a really weird sort of way, although it raises the question of whether or not that means we are now self-aware.

Archived