Why do key suggestions not require more voting power?

Aqua Marine

Why isn't there a much, much higher voting power/ backpack value requirement for making key suggestions? It seems like it would be a useful thing to have with all the troll/the market is doomed suggestions W/ 0 proof.

Tried to ask for a belt requirement for key suggestions, answer was basically "No".

Any of the "troll/market is kill" suggestions ain't going to pass anyway, they're just a free rep.

Yes a significant amount of the people who create key suggestions with little to no rep are trolls but I know of at least two occurrences where somebody made a key suggestion as a first suggestion and bp.tf believes in giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Silly or not. This isn't an exclusive club, we can't exclude someone because they don't have any rep.

But you exclude people if their backpack isn't high enough. For example, unusual suggestions or votes.

But you exclude people if their backpack isn't high enough. For example, unusual suggestions or votes.

Because they most likely don't have experience with the item and their vote would mean nothing.  Although I disagree with this rule, I'm just explaining why it's there.

I'm pretty sure you can vote on anything. You simply can't comment because you wouldn't have anything meaningful to add without previous experience on items of that rarity.

I'm pretty sure you can vote on anything. You simply can't comment because you wouldn't have anything meaningful to add without previous experience on items of that rarity.

That comment rule has to be new, I'm pretty sure some god-tier suggestions had "can't vote but commenting to be part of history" comments. Though new could be fall '13

That comment rule has to be new, I'm pretty sure some god-tier suggestions had "can't vote but commenting to be part of history" comments. Though new could be fall '13

I might be remembering it backwards.

Can't vote on the burning Tc suggestion god damn it bob

Still seems silly

Many users dont mind the free rep and the occasional laugh at users who fail to comprehend basic english, not to mention many suggestions in the past have been from no belts.

Bp.tf already has users thinking we are a cult trying to create prices by us "limiting" users for key suggestions rather than be seen as spam prevention it would be considered "manipulation" and trying to lock out users who try to lower the price.

Why isn't there a much, much higher voting power/ backpack value requirement for making key suggestions? It seems like it would be a useful thing to have with all the troll/the market is doomed suggestions W/ 0 proof.

The current limit was a quick fix to stem the tide of spam; the mods are aware that there is nothing we can do that will stop it completely, so we chose a lighter one. As other users have said, restricting it too heavily would run counter to the purpose of the site.

The individual limits on voting are usually done as band-aids to spam, without thinking too heavily about how they compare to other similar limits.

The limits on unusual voting were to prevent votespam from less experienced users, and the limits on keys were to prevent similar spam. The two limits address different problems and items and so are structured differently.

I might be remembering it backwards.

You are; comments are unrestricted

Archived