Best quotes from movies / video games

Fenrir

I recently watched the movie Selma (great movie by the way, you should definitely watch it) in which President Lyndon B. Johnson said certain gems such as, "You tell Wallace and his backwater hicks I don't wanna hear about anymore of this horse shit," and "Wallace, just give the niggers the vote will ya?" and "Wallace, are you shittin me?"

Sometimes there are certain things people say in a movie or video game that just inspire you, make you laugh, or dare I say it, arouse you. This thread is dedicated to those quotes. Personally, for best quote ever N/A I nominated "ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT" by Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction...

Please try to stay as on topic and not shit post-y as possible.

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee - some guy from skyrim

Usually, the good lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here, is 66 tonnes of straight up, H.E spewing dee-vine intervention! If god is love, then you can call me Cupid! - Sgt Johnson, Halo 2.

My personal favourite.

If I'm not back in five minutes, just wait longer

AAAAAAAAAAAAAALrighty then

LLLLLLLLLLLLike a glove

There's someone on the wing... Some... THING I'm sorry, what were you saying?

*unintelligible* Is there something in my teeth?

I'm looking for Ray Finkle... And a clean pair of shorts

I have exorcised the demons... this house is clear.

For god's sake Jim, I'm a doctor, not a pool man!

Excuse me, I'm like to ass you a few questions.

Warning: Assholes are closer than they appear

NONSENSE! POOPY-PANTS!

Worry not, my brother. For I will be as a fly on the wall - a grain of salt in the ocean. I will move amongst them like a transparent... *thing*

Fe Fi Fo Fum! I smell... the fingerprints of scum!

Hi-Yo, Silver! Away!

How about no! Ya crazy dutch bastard

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers how to turn on the light." -Albus Dumbledore

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, it takes a great deal more to stand up to your friends" -Albus Dumbledore

"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy." -Albus Dumbledore

"Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery." -Albus Dumbledore

"Numbing the pain for a while will only make it worse when you finally feel it." -Albus Dumbledore

"It is the unknown we fear, upon death and darkness, nothing more." -Albus Dumbledore

"We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like." -Tyles Durden

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain." -Roy Batty

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufrusne

"Life is like a box of chocolates, Forrest, you never know what you're gonna get." -Mrs. Gump

"Someone has to die in order for the rest of us to value life more" -Virginia Woolf

For funny?:

"You know what I am? I'm your worst f---in' nightmare, man. I'm a nigger with a badge. That mean I got permission to kick your f--kin' ass whenever I feel like it." -Reggie Hammond

Journalist: M. Ben M'Hidi, don't you think it cowardly to use your women's baskets and handbags to carry your bombs which kill so many innocent people?

Ben M'Hidi: Does it not seem more cowardly to drop napalm bombs on defenseless villages, so that there are a thousand times more innocent victims? Of course, if we had your airplanes it would be a lot easier for us. Give us your bombers, and you can have our baskets.

Le Battail d'Algiers, 1966, dir. Pontecorvo

I'm not a big film buff so here's some other stuff I've recently read or heard that I really like.

I want to persuade you that irony, poker-faced silence, and fear of ridicule are distinctive of those features of contemporary U.S. culture (of which cutting-edge fiction is a part) that enjoy any significant relation to the television whose weird pretty hand has my generation by the throat.

David Foster Wallace, from E Unibus Pluram (an essay about the cultural influence of TV in the mid 90s, something about the weird pretty hand gets me.)

What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families

shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the

avocados, babies in the tomatoes!--and you, García Lorca, what

were you doing down by the watermelons?

Allen Ginsburg, Supermarket in California, 1955. Effusively brings iconic gay poets into the space of mid 50s consumer America.

In the altered shelves, in the ambient roar, in the plain and heartless fact of their decline, they try to work their way through confusion. But in the end it doesn't matter what they see or think they see. The terminals are equipped with holographic scanners, which decode the binary secret of every item, infallibly. This is the language of waves and radiation, or how the dead speak to the living.

Don DeLillo, White Noise, 1985

"And that's what you get for touching that!" -Demoman

"If you want this you will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Even then, good luck, because I would have glued it to my cold, dead hands!" -Soldier

"No-scope? Nice!" - Viktor Reznov; Call of Duty: World at War

And my favorite - "I'm drunk! You don' have an excuse!" -Demoman during a Jeer.

Archived