TVs for under $400

AwesomeMcCoolName

Need a Tv for college. 

Size: Between 32"-40" depending on the size/space in the room. 

Budget: $400

Requirements: 1080P 120hz

Preferably without SmartTV/3D as its worthless and just costs extra (usually). 

Go. 

Look at sales at frys , they always have good sales, especially when theres no holiday around. 

I dont know if theres plasmas for that much but i think there are and should spring for them cheaper and very great quality. 

Look at sales at frys , they always have good sales, especially when theres no holiday around. 

I dont know if theres plasmas for that much but i think there are and should spring for them cheaper and very great quality. 

Well, normally i would say hell no to plasmas, because although they produce a really nice image, they go to shit relatively quickly, but since i'm going to college 1200~ miles away from where i live i probably will just leave the tv there/find a friend who lives nearby to store it, so longevity isn't a big deal. However, Plasmas are usually more expensive then their led lcd counteparts. 

Edit: Y U SO BIG

Well, normally i would say hell no to plasmas, because although they produce a really nice image, they go to shit relatively quickly, but since i'm going to college 1200~ miles away from where i live i probably will just leave the tv there/find a friend who lives nearby to store it, so longevity isn't a big deal. However, Plasmas are usually more expensive then their led lcd counteparts. 

Edit: Y U SO BIG

Really? i find plasmas to always be cheaper then led tvs. Plasma have really improved but they have a reputation for being bad when tey first started that make them cheap, but plasma has gone a really long way.  Lg plasmas have very long longevity. I would swap my tv in my room for a plasma one if i could lol 

And yea just look at ads on frys they always have 40 in tvs on sale. 

Really? i find plasmas to always be cheaper then led tvs. Plasma have really improved but they have a reputation for being bad when tey first started that make them cheap, but plasma has gone a really long way.  Lg plasmas have very long longevity. I would swap my tv in my room for a plasma one if i could lol 

And yea just look at ads on frys they always have 40 in tvs on sale. 

I never said they were bad, but overtime they tend to lose their contrast (as opposed to LED).

Also....damn....frys is ridiculously cheap...we need that shit where i live... 

http://www.frys.com/product/6539533?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

where are ya headin?

illinois 

*sigh* 

They have 46" tvs for $350~ but 32-40" is like 400-450....wtf

Why not have your PC take your place of a TV? It's a lot cheaper. And quite effective.

Well, i can't connect my ps3 to my laptop. Also, i'm planning on using the tv as a monitor anyhow. 

I have 2 frys close by me so i thought it was more common. And all the bptf ads i see are frys lol 

None on the east coast. 

As for the ads, they stalk you. Whenever you look something up on google/amazon/newegg/bestbuy/etc... it automatically gets ads that it thinks you'll like. 

Currently i'm getting headphone, computer parts, and ext hdd ads. 

They have 46" tvs for $350~ but 32-40" is like 400-450....wtf

They're probably models that are being replaced with next years version. It tends to happen every summer.

One thing to note, if you decide on something closer to the 32" range, you do not need 1080. When you get below 40" in size, the difference between 720 and 1080 is negligible at best.

They're probably models that are being replaced with next years version. It tends to happen every summer.

One thing to note, if you decide on something closer to the 32" range, you do not need 1080. When you get below 40" in size, the difference between 720 and 1080 is negligible at best.

The problem with being in the 720p range is that you generally can't get 720p tv with 120hz refresh rate, and 60hz is just painful to use once you're used to 120/240. 

Archived