(Free) Robocraft is Awesome!

Julia Gillard the Honest

Get Robocraft on Steam. It's free and just too fun! It's super amazing! Once you start it, you'll just forget about every other game. (To all of you traders: Yes, I don't care about my TF2 backpack any more because Robocraft's just too fun.) A few days ago, I was getting someone else to install it completely and the total size was about 820 MB so hopefully it won't be too large for anyone.

Basically, think of Minecraft with guns. You build robots just to bash other robots. You can advance to higher tiers if you wish to build advanced robots but you can also stay lower to just be silly. Here's a STAR_ video where he and Jerma were messing around in lower tiers.

Also, the NPE is excellent. As a new player in Tier 1, nobody expects anything serious. You can build a silly vehicle that's impractical in battle and nobody will care.

I'm currently waiting for the Megabots update while typing this review.

To start: You have a basic vehicle and some monies. There is a technology tree to gradually unlock pieces (and eventually all) of, plus money. There's green money and blue money. Green's free and earnt through play but blue you have to pay for more than the initial 100, but don't worry; you don't have to spend anything to play it. The blue money's just for cosmetics like in TF2, and also to give premium time if you want it but that's not essential. Also, if you do want to spend money, you can use Steam Wallet. The green money will get you everything that you'll need in battle.

You can fly, you can drive both wheels and tracks or you can also use walker legs. For example, see those legs on this scorpion robot.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/robocraft.gamepedia.com/thumb/9/91/T7_Scorpion_Walker.jpg/700px-T7_Scorpion_Walker.jpg?version=c953b7e69625e05cb356748ab8eab46e

There are prebuilt robots that you can buy with the blue money but that's just optional for if you want to. Personally I find that your own built ones are stronger, but you could always buy and then modify one if you wish to.

The combat's very simple: click to shoot. You're restricted to one gun type so you don't need to worry about anything more complicated than two mouse buttons. In the high tiers, there are melee weapons that you can add as well as having guns. As for guns, there are only a few different ones but at varying tier levels of strength. My favourites: http://robocraft.wikia.com/wiki/Nano_DisruptorThat's a TF2 Medigun that damages enemies!

2manyplasmalaunchers4me

The bomber planes? I use an SMG on walker legs for that. :) He hides on the sides of cliffs, waits and then just causes doom.

robocraft is pay to win if im not wrong

You can pay if you want to advance in tiers faster but you certainly don't have to. You have to pay for cosmetic items but paying won't help with winning any games. There's nothing required to fight that's unobtainable without spending real money.

It's been a few weeks since I've played Robocraft, are good players still driving around tier 3 in their tiny tanks with tier 8 plasma launchers?

Don't get me wrong; the game's a ton of fun and I love the extensive variety of play styles.

It's been a few weeks since I've played Robocraft, are good players still driving around tier 3 in their tiny tanks with tier 8 plasma launchers?

Don't get me wrong; the game's a ton of fun and I love the extensive variety of play styles.

That's impossible without cheating. T3 ends at about 4500. http://robocraft.wikia.com/wiki/Robot_RankingT8 Plasma's 20000. http://robocraft.wikia.com/wiki/Plasma_Launcher Just one of those guns is instantly a T5 vehicle, at least. I think that you mean the plasma players generally though. :P Plasma is dangerous so you have to dodge it whenever possible.

(To all of you traders: Yes, I don't care about my TF2 backpack any more because Robocraft's just too fun.) 

So, you don't care about your unusuals? That makes me sad, but its good that you are enjoying robocraft.

Archived