MY UNUSUAL HAT WAS STOLEN THIS IS A WARNING

Sneakyninja66

THIS ITEM http://backpack.tf/item/2752881801WAS SCAMMED/STOLEN FROM ME DO NOT WORK WITH THE SCAMMERS; (Wz= (this man is not confirmed but he was friends with WarDog and was the next person besides my brother to receive the item) , WarDog -=TRADING=- , QueeQuey I AM NOW OUT $50 BECAUSE OF THIS... PLEASE BE WARNED AND DO NOT GET STUCK SCAMMED

Posted · Hidden by cleverpun, February 18, 2015 - Rudeness
Hidden by cleverpun, February 18, 2015 - Rudeness

*smacks hand onto forehead*

gee, i didn't know this was steamrep. i'm in the wrong forum.

It has been awhile since i have traded unusuals, and i have learned item history is important, i was working with WarDog and he asked me to trade it to someone (my brother) to confirm it was not bugged (i was unsure but he was looking at my items history so i did not question). He then had his friend copy my account and trade my brother acting like me.... PLEASE BE WARNED i lost weeks of my life and $50 because i was simply scammed and have nothing i can do but sit a cry, so instead i will warn others.

Posted · Hidden by cleverpun, February 18, 2015 - Rudeness
Hidden by cleverpun, February 18, 2015 - Rudeness

nothing i can do but sit a cry

you're going to sit and cry because you lost $50 in a video game?

Dude, it will be OK

In the end you may have lost a bit, but don't let your life and trading career be flipped upside down because of this. 

It's very unfortunate, but all you can do is warn others, and start all over again. If you are persistant, then I think you'll be able to afford another of the same unusual quite soon  :)

If you ever have questions, or are second guessing a trade, always feel free to add me for some advice. I will be happy to help so this wont happen again in the future - find my profile here

$50, you can make that back in less than a day even working at someplace like mcdonalds. It isn't the end of the world, just learn from your mistake and it'll be ok :)

you can walk from 50$. Ive lost 7 buds worth of unusuals/items in my entire career, and I blow it off and make it back within the next few weeks.

IF you want your stuff back now just get a job, youll make that 50$ easily within the next day.

No worries dude. If you've gotten scammed, report them on steam rep. I feel for you, but this isn't the place.

This. In three years or so I am sure the scammer will be marked, and if you make a ticket to steam I am sure you will have your items back in less then 5 years.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

lol i dont understand how u could be so stupid, but anyways.

A guy added me a couple of weeks ago saying he would overpay for my unusual, if i could prove it wasnt a dupe. I said okay, and sent him the bp.tf trade history for the item.

He then asked if i could send to a trusted friend to prove it was not a dupe. I then said "no, do u even know wat a dupe is" lol. He went quiet.

I looked at his rep and sure enough it was a obvious scam.

U know u need to tighten up ur security wen u is gettin scammed by kents that dont even understand the game.

"confirm it was not bugged", pls, learn a little more about the game before spending money on it.

What i got from reading this thread is there are apparently so many people that lost money in TF2 and are willing to admit their stupidity in a completely unrelated forum post. How difficult is to just not get scammed?

What i got from reading this thread is there are apparently so many people that lost money in TF2 and are willing to admit their stupidity in a completely unrelated forum post. How difficult is to just not get scammed?

it's not hard at all.

No worries dude. If you've gotten scammed, report them on steam rep. I feel for you, but this isn't the place.

What are you trying to do, bore him to death?

Archived