Graffiti

Splat

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Graffiti?

• I like it.
    • I like it, but not the tags. Just the like bubbly writing.
    • I don't like it.

What's your opinion on writing/graffiti/urban art? Personally I think it's probably the most important medium of art that we as the modern world have today.

Depends. Some of it is beautiful art. Most of it is just people writing their names/insults on walls. If it's nice art I have little against it. If it is the latter it's annoying

If it looks good and it's not on important buildings, it's cool. But then there's those that you can't understand at all and they just look like terribleness incarnate.

I feel as though there are better ways for artists to express their artwork than vandalizing someone's property.

Of course, if it wasnt vandalism, then It's different.

Been actively writing for some years, so I really love it. 

And if you dislike the artistic aspect of graffiti, the culture really is something to love. You will never meet anyone as driven as the local urban kings / queens, that put so much effort, money and risk into giving their art for everyone to see - and for free.

You will never meet anyone as driven as the local urban kings / queens, that put so much effort, money and risk into giving their art for everyone to see - and for free.

Where I live if you head towards Quebec by bus and pass through some of the local towns there is one town where one graffiti artist spent a few good nights spray painting all the dead king riders and their horses from the lord of the rings; it is glorious to see, especially since the building they sprayed on is huge.

Now that is some dedication man.

I've seen some great graffiti art, personally not too interested in the bubble letters and random words 'cause I can't read em :c much like I can't read cursive (kinda)

I have seen some really good ones where people make abstracted figures and people and such and actually carries a real feelings and emotions to me.

random bubble text is 100x more annoying than misplaced Comic Sans. It can make a place look like a cockroach fest imo.

Tags/insults/vandalism are terrible and must be removed asap.
But the actual graffiti art is one of the most beautiful things you can ever see in your everyday life.

I hate graffiti. Usually it's ugly as hell and causes work for other people to clean it. You'd be suprised about how much we have here in Hawaii.

from my personal experience European graffiti is very different from American graffiti

I'm fine with Euro graffiti/murals, but I'd rather not have "big booty tanisha" spray painted in ugly lettering everywhere

Archived