A Pokemon Rant

Aria Heavy-Hand

My faves are mostly dual-types with little weaknesses (excluding Gyrados). I once had a team that was all dual-types and most of the pokemon types were covered.

I don't know, gyarados is pretty solid. All you need is electric coverage. If not, you can always go for M-Gyarados for a lessened electric weakness, tack on a bug, fighting and fairy weakness and psychic immunity but gain amazing fire power in the process. Pretty solid mon and mega.

I don't know, gyarados is pretty solid. All you need is electric coverage. If not, you can always go for M-Gyarados for a lessened electric weakness, tack on a bug, fighting and fairy weakness and psychic immunity but gain amazing fire power in the process. Pretty solid mon and mega.

I think he was just saying gyarados wasn't one of his ''faves.''

But yeah Gyarados + Hippowdon was all the rage back in Gen4.

Electric is always killer though, btu he's my fave

I think he was just saying gyarados wasn't one of his ''faves.''

But yeah Gyarados + Hippowdon was all the rage back in Gen4.

I don't know about Gyarados + Hippowdon. Mind enlightening me? I started getting into comp back in Gen 5.

I don't know about Gyarados + Hippowdon. Mind enlightening me? I started getting into comp back in Gen 5.

Oh, sure. Gyarados / Hippowdon were for a time one of the most popular defensive cores. Gyarados is surprisingly Bulky on the special side, and carries a quick taunt to screw over set-up / stall, as well as having access to thunder wave (for some reason). Gyara is neutral or better to all of Hippo's weaknesses and vice versa, and both also hit pretty hard.

The reason they were used over the classic skarmbliss combo is because Infernape was a big deal back in gen 4, and cut through that core like a hot knife through butter, whereas HippoDos (personal name) both give the 'nape some trouble.

Also, it's fine if you want to use whatever you want. But don't butthurt about it when someone beats you w ith a standard team. I don't care how other people play, but it ticks me off when y'all complain about unoriginality. If you don't want to be beat, use what you know you won't lose with.

I didn't mean to imply I get butthurt. Just that everyone uses it. :V

I didn't mean to imply I get butthurt. Just that everyone uses it. :V

That's why they're in the OU (Over Used) tier. In my opinion, OU teams/mons are easy to beat since they usually run the same sets.Feel free to use your favorites and I'll use mine. Hell, I'd like to battle you sometime.

Oh, sure. Gyarados / Hippowdon were for a time one of the most popular defensive cores. Gyarados is surprisingly Bulky on the special side, and carries a quick taunt to screw over set-up / stall, as well as having access to thunder wave (for some reason). Gyara is neutral or better to all of Hippo's weaknesses and vice versa, and both also hit pretty hard.

The reason they were used over the classic skarmbliss combo is because Infernape was a big deal back in gen 4, and cut through that core like a hot knife through butter, whereas HippoDos (personal name) both give the 'nape some trouble.

You also had stuff like gyara-vire lures if you wanted to use a full offensive gyara since back in gen 4 there was no team preview. SubDD was nasty back then (still is now sort of) because everything was just a lot slower back then. 

Come to think of it, I think I had a Taunt, Sub, Toxic, Waterfall set at one point.

Archived