USA Pledge of Allegiance Controversy in schools

Deku

Personally, back in high school, I stood up during the pledge out of respect, but never pledged. Ultimately, it's your choice.

tl;dr who fucking cares, do what you want.

It wasn't founded on Christianity though.

It really wasn't, I'm with you CUD.

Venom, you need to do your research again, and pay more attention in history class before you spew bullshit. Yes, you should respect those who have fallen to keep this country free, but there is a large problem with the phrase "under God". It disrespects any religion that isn't Christianity-based as well as people who aren't religious. There are bills constantly being proposed to remove the "under God" (as it should be), but since the majority of congress is old white Christian farts who aren't opened minded (for the most part, exceptions are present), they never pass it. America is a melting pot, not everyone is Christian. Keep in mind I'm not attacking Christianity or any religion, I believe that you either represent all religions, or none.

Besides,

Pledging your allegiance to the flag of your country is pledging your alliance to your nationality, not a fucking religion.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't founded on Christianity though.

But it justifies the existence of the phrase within the pledge. And changing the pledge is really a bothersome thing, isn't it? You're tearing your history up.

I'm Atheist and i say it everyday

More or less because if I don't I look like a douche because I'm the one who has to get the class started and am usually the loudest

I do the same thing :^)

Im a theist as well

I do the same thing :^)

Im a theist as well

A "theist" is the opposite of an atheist. Was that a typo?

Pledging your allegiance to the flag of your country is pledging your alliance to your nationality, not a religion.

I feel like most people think that saying the pledge means you support Christianity, even though it just means you support the country you were born in and are grateful for your freedom. 

Archived