Can the community help SteamRep catch up? If so how?

Milz187

The community can help with the backlog immensely if steamrep would get off its high horse and accept that it can no longer get the job done. There was a time when one of our forum members julia reviewed multiple pages of reports in a few hours.

A 6month+ backlog is hilarious, the main "issue" they keep coming back to they cannot trust users...etc letting their website crumble to nothing. At this point it would be better to just shut down steamrep than to give users false hope, even bp.tf and outpost do a much better job

The community can help with the backlog immensely if steamrep would get off its high horse and accept that it can no longer get the job done. There was a time when one of our forum members julia reviewed multiple pages of reports in a few hours.

A 6month+ backlog is hilarious, the main "issue" they keep coming back to they cannot trust users...etc letting their website crumble to nothing. At this point it would be better to just shut down steamrep than to give users false hope, even bp.tf and outpost do a much better job

i wouldnt be as panicked if i got a pending SR report as i would have back in their prime

if i was a scammer, id have potential years to keep doing what im doing

i wouldnt be as panicked if i got a pending SR report as i would have back in their prime

if i was a scammer, id have potential years to keep doing what im doing

Not if I was looking in to it.  B)  :lol:   Btw, hiya Fireball  =) 

Not if I was looking in to it.  B)  :lol:   Btw, hiya Fireball  =) 

WHY IN THE GABEN'S LEFT NIPPLE OF KNOWLEDGE WERE YOU NOT CHOSEN ARRRRRRRRRGH

IT'S LIKE SR IS WANTING TO COMMIT SUICIDE

WHY IN THE GABEN'S LEFT NIPPLE OF KNOWLEDGE WERE YOU NOT CHOSEN ARRRRRRRRRGH

IT'S LIKE SR IS WANTING TO COMMIT SUICIDE

This is SR we're talking about. Of course they do.

Anyways, They've strayed from what they were supposed to be. A scammer tag should mean to treat them with caution if you're going to trade them, not that if you trade with them you're going to become a scammer in SR's eyes as well.

This is SR we're talking about. Of course they do.

Anyways, They've strayed from what they were supposed to be. A scammer tag should mean to treat them with caution if you're going to trade them, not that if you trade with them you're going to become a scammer in SR's eyes as well.

It's not that simple though.  E.g.: 

- An account is newly marked for scamming and the hats in the account have all been scammed by whatever method.  In this case, trading with this account should bring certain repercussions, not a full ban, but a strike, temporary tag, something like that

One the other hand: 

- An account has been marked two years ago for scamming.  Now the guy is offering you a trade, you do your homework and determine that the hat he's offering indeed was obtained legitimately, maybe on a trade server.   In this case, I don't see why there should be any repercussions.   

I can't answer for why they didn't choose me other than the fact that no one vouched for me. (although I didn't ask anyone to) I was hoping they based their decision on my past experiences but, I respect that they did not know me from Adam.  Any answer more than that and you would have to get them to comment. 

• Administrators

I can't answer for why they didn't choose me other than the fact that no one vouched for me. (although I didn't ask anyone to) I was hoping they based their decision on my past experiences but, I respect that they did not know me from Adam.  Any answer more than that and you would have to get them to comment. 

From what I have seen, SR won't accept your application even if it is solid until a partner community admins/mods vouches for the applicant and they usually give the applicant about a week or so to get admins/mods to vouch for the applicant.

Yes, that would definitely be the issue. While I do (and did)  have a few of those individuals on my friends list for quite a while, I purposely did NOT ask them to vouch for me. I did not want to be accepted based on who I know. I wanted to be looked at (or at least have been contacted to be interviewed) on the basis of my 10 years of running a solid gaming community with all the bells and whistles. 

Regardless, it all worked out for the better as I am extremely happy with my duties at Outpost and hope that I am making a difference.   

hope that I am making a difference.   

You're the only one bud. You took that report I launched against a certain someone we both know seriously, you got him perma'd and keep me updated on it while you took care of it.

I have a pending report against a scammer / sharker that I submitted five months ago, the person it's assigned to who shall remain nameless hasn't even looked at it. The hat he scammed is gone, along with all evidence.

respectfortoughsox.png

Yes, that would definitely be the issue. While I do (and did)  have a few of those individuals on my friends list for quite a while, I purposely did NOT ask them to vouch for me. I did not want to be accepted based on who I know. I wanted to be looked at (or at least have been contacted to be interviewed) on the basis of my 10 years of running a solid gaming community with all the bells and whistles. 

Regardless, it all worked out for the better as I am extremely happy with my duties at Outpost and hope that I am making a difference.   

It could have been a case where there's no notification process in place for these admins to know there's an application waiting. Maybe they didn't see it.

Archived