Accidentally Traded With A Scammer

Ragin Beige

If you seriously love trading and everyone is rejecting you then start a whole new account from scratch. Trade weapons for a week, then move up to minor cosmetics. After 1-2 months, trade over your things from the rejected account to the new one to quickly get rid of them, done.

On a side note, if its your dream unusual, then why even care? You're trading in a corrupted online community, sorta like the real world but with less people willing to make a change + the community's opinion meaning absolutely nada.

I can't say I disagree that there are flaws. You should both know the amount of effort it goes into doing the thorough research that goes into every single ban. Our responsibility on bp.tf is to handle suggestions. Handling scammer reports, etc is all secondary and comes as time permits. In many ways, I see this as a big reason for not having user reports on our site. That's why we defer to SteamRep assuming that they, and their affiliated communities like FoG, DO have the time and have expressed the commitment to do that research on our (and everyone else in the community) behalf. I know n0-name doesn't take bans lightly and does the research required.

SR has an issue of being very slow. Therefore, a lot of people who should be banned aren't. However, when someone IS SR marked, we have to assume that it was justified. As a trader, if you want to trade in the community you have to accept that. And if you feel a ban is unjust you can add the person banned and help them make an appeal. But that doesn't make it okay for you to start making judgment calls yourself about what is and isn't acceptable. You didn't do the thorough research. You don't know all the hidden notes that go with SR bans.

I'm aware that it takes time to go through all the reports, but that's no excuse for how terribly inept they are. Get some more people to help if you can't handle the work. They've shown that they're not capable of doing this, but yet the community continues to trust them. Why, I'm not sure.

With how long appeals take, I'm not so sure about that, but I do make a note of not trading with people who are marked. Not because I trust SR in the slightest, but because Outpost blindly follows them, and I enjoy being able to use their site. Also, I have every right to judge them for being bad at what they do. You don't need to make the movie to know it was made poorly, you don't need to be a politician to know someone's bad at running a city/state/etc, the list goes on. Just because I don't do their job, doesn't mean I can't tell they they're not doing it well either. 

I'm aware that it takes time to go through all the reports, but that's no excuse for how terribly inept they are. Get some more people to help if you can't handle the work. They've shown that they're not capable of doing this, but yet the community continues to trust them. Why, I'm not sure.

Almost all of the bans we have been talking about recently are not even looked at by SR staff. They are handled through affiliates like FoG and outpost. For example, Aditya's appeal has already been handled even though he was marked just a short while ago.

On a side note, if its your dream unusual, then why even care? You're trading in a corrupted online community, sorta like the real world but with less people willing to make a change + the community's opinion meaning absolutely nada.

Because most people don't want have thousands of dollars invested in the game without a way of at least recuperating some of that money.  Most people say that they traded up from nothing, but in reality, most high tier traders have put money into the game in some shape or form (bought keys for unboxing, bought buds for paypal, whatever).   An SR mark makes it very difficult to get your money back.   

Because most people don't want have thousands of dollars invested in the game without a way of at least recuperating some of that money.  Most people say that they traded up from nothing, but in reality, most high tier traders have put money into the game in some shape or form (bought keys for unboxing, bought buds for paypal, whatever).   An SR mark makes it very difficult to get your money back.   

If its truly his dream unusual then he wouldn't want to trade it...

If its truly his dream unusual then he wouldn't want to trade it...

It's like this:  so you buy your dream house in NY. You love it and your wife loves it too.  But then all of a sudden, you guys both get promotions and have to move to LA.  You're sick and tired of New York anyway and you want to move to the West Coast.  But unfortunately, you can't sell your house.  The contract stipulated that you could buy the house and own it without any fear of anyone ever taking it from you, but you cannot sell it.  You are stuck in New York unless you want abandon your house and lose all the money you put into it.  

Dreams (at least things like dream hats) are only temporary fascinations that eventually fade. 

It's like this:  so you buy your dream house in NY. You love it and your wife loves it too.  But then all of a sudden, you guys both get promotions and have to move to LA.  You're sick and tired of New York anyway and you want to move to the West Coast.  But unfortunately, you can't sell your house.  The contract stipulated that you could buy the house and own it without any fear of anyone ever taking it from you, but you cannot sell it.  You are stuck in New York unless you want abandon your house and lose all the money you put into it.  

Dreams (at least things like dream hats) are only temporary fascinations that eventually fade. 

Oh, so we're bringing in real world examples into the virtual game, are we? Ok then, ok.

Oh, so we're bringing in real world examples into the virtual game, are we? Ok then, ok.

A virtual game with real dollar amounts attached to it.  

Archived