A way to find greyed out items in trades!

regi

Seeing as trade.tf no longer holds closed trades, I found a way to find them.

If you want to find a closed trade for, let's say, a taunt, create a trade where you are BUYING the taunt. (Include metal in the "what you're giving" area)

b98219f7faa7e1e033d795ae093ed158.png

Then go into the 0f174452cf898f1ce06ce56dcc126387.png area.

Find one that has what you want:

52dbf1c6a56988bb8e8bde02b798f565.png

It actually searches for the metal you put in the 'selling' option. Therefore it looks for trades that are 'buying' metal...

It actually searches for the metal you put in the 'selling' option. Therefore it looks for trades that are 'buying' metal...

Couldnt explain it better myself.

The "Matches" tab finds trades containing items you have listed on either side. So if you have a key on the left side (signify you are selling a key), then the Matches will search for trades containing said key on the right side of the trade (signifying they are buying a key). The fact that you found a trade with a grayed out item was merely coincidental.

It looks for trades that are buying metal but are also selling the taunts.

Couldnt explain it better myself.

The "Matches" tab finds trades containing items you have listed on either side. So if you have a key on the left side (signify you are selling a key), then the Matches will search for trades containing said key on the right side of the trade (signifying they are buying a key). The fact that you found a trade with a grayed out item was merely coincidental.

Nope, just tested it again.

The matches thing looks for trades that have the opposite to you. I have metal for taunts, it looks for taunts for metal.

It looks for trades that are buying metal but are also selling the taunts.

No, just that are buying metal :/

Not selling the taunts...

Archived