Say YES to dupes.

RoNsTiG

Hello,

The time has come to make a stand, stop undermining dupes, (they have rights, y'know).

Why should they be undervalued, it's just a little piece of red text which separates them from the clean unusuals.

The sole reason they are 'worth less' is just an excuse so people can pay less for a hat.

The only reason I, myself pay less for unusuals, is because everyone else does it.

I call to everyone; stop paying less for dupes, and spread the word, 'dupes are okay'.

Let us balance the unusual economy once again.

EDIT: Don't worry, I'm prepared for the torrent of abuse.

Pls stop making your opinions as a fact

Duped for high tier hats is a problem

Not for cheap hats

Another thing

Duplicated means its not original.

Nothing will change unless you get basically everyone in this midset.

Which will never happen, btw. Market is fine as is.

Agreed.

Market is fine with dupes,the only hard thing is finding clean ones

Yeah, No. No offense, but you sound similar to those "make keys 2.33 again" people. If dupes weren't lower in price, you'd be supporting  scammers in a sense. Besides, I personally like my hat knowing that it wasn't traded with some scammer.

dupes are definitely a concern for low-tier traders. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone ask me if my hat was duped on a 14 key hat.

Before anyone responds with "yeah, they're just gonna lowball!!!" 

no, not really. Most of the time they just remove me, retract their offer, whatever. They don't counter, they just don't want a duped hat. 

Everyone talks about how stupid it is to care about dupes on low tier as if it is any less dumb than caring about it on high tier. 16 keys(thirty dollars) is a lot of money to a virtual item for most sane people, they're allowed to care just as much as a moron like me.

You are saying this so people would buy your duped GE noble? The economy is pretty much fine and stable as it ever was, no need for you to "save" it.

Why should they be undervalued, it's just a little piece of red text which separates them from the clean unusuals.

Reason why they are lower priced is because in the past valve removed duped items so back in the day if you owned a duped item there was a chance of it getting deleted hence lower price to interest users despite the risk. Valve has stopped this practice however the "dupe should be lower" idea stuck.

Dupes doesnt really change the value of your unusual unless your your unusual is worth 10buds+ anyways

Pls stop making your opinions as a fact

Duped for high tier hats is a problem

Not for cheap hats

Another thing

Duplicated means its not original.

a duped burning tc is 100-200, a clean one however is bout 200-650

1) Collectors want clean hats. Mint condition. Duped = Flaw = worth less.

2) Why should I pay full price for a duped hat if I can buy a clean one for the same money?

3) Duped = Stolen or support granted = Not original. Pay full price for duped stuff and you make life easier for phishers. Not that it counts for much because it's already darn easy for them.

a duped burning tc is 100-200, a clean one however is bout 200-650

Not sure where you're pulling this out of, I'll buy a duped/clean one for 300 pure if it ever comes up. Besides there hasn't been one on the market in over 2 years so how do you know?

Not sure where you're pulling this out of, I'll buy a duped/clean one for 300 pure if it ever comes up. Besides there hasn't been one on the market in over 2 years so how do you know?

i can buy a duped burning tc for 150 in burnings not a hijacker

1) Collectors want clean hats. Mint condition. Duped = Flaw = worth less.

2) Why should I pay full price for a duped hat if I can buy a clean one for the same money?

3) Duped = Stolen or support granted = Not original. Pay full price for duped stuff and you make life easier for phishers. Not that it counts for much because it's already darn easy for them.

I can first hand say;

It took me 2 months to find a Clean Blizzardy Dixie on the market.

So many dupes past by, i just ignored them

just because your wannabe 'hightier'hat is duped and noone wants it?

Don't just go ahead and judge; I don't actually want to sell it, which is exactly why I bought a dupe, so it's cheaper.

When trading: Clean > duped

When enjoying tf2: if the hat is nice and i like the effect, it can be duped and gifted for all i care. I almost got a duped gifted arcana ushanka for 3 pure. Couldnt care less about value or duped or gifted.

Dupes should be valued slightly less.   If you had the choice, you'd obviously take a clean hat over a dupe if the price were the same.  That's why dupes need a slight discount in order to move them when there are clean ones on the market.  However the problem currently is that all these new traders who are just getting into unusual trading think dupes are basically untouchable cancer.  Here are some comments I've received lately: 

"Nice duped buds dude"  (I'm supposed to care about buds being duped now?  Nah....)

"Hat is duped, it's practically worthless"  (can't remember the hat exactly now, but I do remember it was worth around 14 keys)

"Rofl it's duped too" (this was on a nuts robo hat worth 12 keys - I got the user a nice temp ban for spamming, he is now perma banned for repeated spamming)

To say that dupes "are practically worthless" or that buds have to be clean is just ridiculous.  Experienced traders know that there should be an appropriate discount for dupes (depending on hat), it's only the new traders with $70 backpacks that think it's this huge issue.  

Oh god duped buds.

I don't touch those anymore, no matter how good of a deal I get. Last time I bought some, the first 12 people that added me just shit-post about how they were duped and left. I'll pay 1 key extra for squeaky clean buds if it means avoiding that cancer.

Anyone that tells you dupes don't matter, or only matter for higher tier hats, smack them. Not because I actually think dupes matter, but because the average shitstorm of "Bro it's duped", "Hey it's duped so can I lowball it like a buster?", "LOL DUPE" is so urksome that the prior owner should compensate you with a nice discount to make up for it. Next guy you sell to probably will have the same problem, give him a slightly lesser discount and move on.

Oh god duped buds.

I don't touch those anymore, no matter how good of a deal I get. Last time I bought some, the first 12 people that added me just shit-post about how they were duped and left. I'll pay 1 key extra for squeaky clean buds if it means avoiding that cancer.

Anyone that tells you dupes don't matter, or only matter for higher tier hats, smack them. Not because I actually think dupes matter, but because the average shitstorm of "Bro it's duped", "Hey it's duped so can I lowball it like a buster?", "LOL DUPE" is so urksome that the prior owner should compensate you with a nice discount to make up for it. Next guy you sell to probably will have the same problem, give him a slightly lesser discount and move on.

I've traded a shitload of buds and I never check for dupes.  I can't say that anybody whom I bought hats for buds for has checked either.  I'd say you just had some bad luck.  

Archived