Steam now using reCaptcha

BOOM!

racist, what if you are a robot?

will report this and get special unusual/csgo knife and courier or else i will rek volvo.

Question: any of you having problem with trade offers ? after i confirm the trade content and press the accept button, that lovely circle appears and keeps on spinning...after 10 minutes, it's still spinning. the same thing happens browser. i've restarted steam and the comp without any results. regular trade and bp automatic are working :)

Question: any of you having problem with trade offers ? after i confirm the trade content and press the accept button, that lovely circle appears and keeps on spinning...after 10 minutes, it's still spinning. the same thing happens browser. i've restarted steam and the comp without any results. regular trade and bp automatic are working :)

Exact same issue for me. Almost lost several keys of profit because of it. Automatic works for me as does regular trade as well. Fucking volvo...

Still doesn't help sites like bazaar.tf , backpack.tf , trade.tf , csgolounge, dota2lounge, etc.

They are just countering the malware which was updated couple hours after the original captcha was added.

Exact same issue for me. Almost lost several keys of profit because of it. Automatic works for me as does regular trade as well. Fucking volvo...

it seems to be working now

It's not used like that because a click can be replicated from a robot, the reason it's a picture of a couple of letters is because a simple program can't just read that picture's letters. All the program would see is a picture, and try to copy a picture into it. That's why it's not like that.

This should of been done a long time ago. Allot of transactions websites use some type of captcha. Still, Valve needs to get off their buts and stop all of those 'I got hijacked' stories.

details?

A couple hours (Possibly minutes) after the original addition and announcement of this, twitter account Steam Stealer said they'd updated their systems to bypass the CAPTCHA program. reCAPTCHA is supposedly more secure and harder to bypass (Albeit much more frustrating for some users), which is why it replaced CAPTCHA.

I'm not having any issues with this. When I only get the top quarter of the picture I just fullscreen the window and that seems to do it. Otherwise I think F5ing the page and may fix it by giving you a different form of reCAPTCHA, hopefully the "Click Here!" kind.

It's not used like that because a click can be replicated from a robot, the reason it's a picture of a couple of letters is because a simple program can't just read that picture's letters. All the program would see is a picture, and try to copy a picture into it. That's why it's not like that.

Incorrect, text based CAPTCHA's haven't been an effective form of preventing bots from accessing a service for a while now.

Automated programs can indeed read CAPTCHA images and solve them.

Example: https://github.com/ptigas/simple-captcha-solver

Thats just the first result on google. Any blackhat programmer would be able to easily find much better librarys for doing this, and apparently they did because a few hours after the initial CAPTCHA images got added the steamstealer virus had reportedly already added the ability to read them.

The malware got updated ~2 hours after the reCaptcha update. Seems like this is going nowhere.

True, I don't see how this update fixes anything. Programs such as DeathByCaptcha we're implemented into stealers, now its even easier for them.

becuase its so hard for steam to make users that want to trade or send trade offers have premium status and a steam level over 1 ....capcha and recapcha are just lame duck atempts to say they are doing something about phishers and scammers.

A couple hours (Possibly minutes) after the original addition and announcement of this, twitter account Steam Stealer said they'd updated their systems to bypass the CAPTCHA program. reCAPTCHA is supposedly more secure and harder to bypass (Albeit much more frustrating for some users), which is why it replaced CAPTCHA.

I'm not having any issues with this. When I only get the top quarter of the picture I just fullscreen the window and that seems to do it. Otherwise I think F5ing the page and may fix it by giving you a different form of reCAPTCHA, hopefully the "Click Here!" kind.

Could you also please explain what Steam Stealer is?

Could you also please explain what Steam Stealer is?

That's the malware you see everywhere... "Hi I unboxed this unusual: <fishy image link>"

Archived