Steam Summer Sale Suggestions

AwesomeMcCoolName

Any suggestions for games that are cheap and worthwhile to buy? 

Bought:

• CS Bundle
  • L4D Bundle
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  • Payday: The Heist
  • Dead Island
  • Mass Effect 1+2
  • Sonic Hits Collection
  • Killing Floor
  • Borderlands
  • Borderlands 2
  • Saint Rows 3+All DLC
  • Grid
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Psychonauts

Looking to buy: (input on these, what'r they like, etc...)

• F1 2012
  • Rising Storm
  • Dead Island Riptide

Quantum Conundrum

Deus Ex

System Shock 2

The Bioshock games are excellent, although 2 has better combat

Quantum conundrum/System Shock 2 don't seem like my type of game. And i played Deus Ex (the original) and hated it. Not sure if Revolutions is much better/different. 

Dragon Age and The Witcher 1 and 2 if you like rpgs.

Not an RPG person

Games i like: 

L4D, Counter Strike, Infamous, Racing games on occasion (hence Fuel/Grid), CoD (from time-to-time)...

So, mainly FPS, Racing, Adventure 

Not an RPG person

Games i like: 

L4D, Counter Strike, Infamous, Racing games on occasion (hence Fuel/Grid), CoD (from time-to-time)...

So, mainly FPS, Racing, Adventure 

From what I've played, then I'd recommend Alan Wake, Dead Space, Max Payne, and Metro 2033.

From what I've played, then I'd recommend Alan Wake, Dead Space, Max Payne, and Metro 2033.

Alan Wake looks interesting. 

Dead Space reminds me a lot of Bioshock, and after watching a couple gameplays doesn't seem like my thing (yea, i'm a tad picky with games). 

And im just too cheap of a bastard to buy metro2033/Max Payne.

And im just too cheap of a bastard to buy metro2033/Max Payne.

Well Max Payne 1 and 2 are pretty cheap, and Metro 2033 is usually always a daily deal so it'll most likely go cheaper.

Current Ideas: (input on these, what'r they like, etc...)

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

Grid

Sonic Adventure 2

Fuel 

Payday: The Heist

Day of Defeat Source

Well, I'll give you my opinions, although some I haven't played so I won't give an opinion on those.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Haven't played it, so I won't give an opinion.

Grid - Haven't played it.

Sonic Adventure 2 - My personal favorite Sonic game, but can be a bit glitchy at times.

Fuel - Haven't played it.

Payday: The Heist - From the demo, it looks fun but the full experience would come from friends.

Day of Defeat Source - It looks interesting, although I've never played it.

Well, I'll give you my opinions, although some I haven't played so I won't give an opinion on those.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Haven't played it, so I won't give an opinion.

Grid - Haven't played it.

Sonic Adventure 2 - My personal favorite Sonic game, but can be a bit glitchy at times.

Fuel - Haven't played it.

Payday: The Heist - From the demo, it looks fun but the full experience would come from friends.

Day of Defeat Source - It looks interesting, although I've never played it.

DoD is awesome. its a very simplistic no frills ww2 fps , but definitely fun. I happen to love the game, so just a matter of finding a seller/Waiting for it to get cheaper. Only 6 stock classes. Rifleman, smg, assault, heavy machine gun (needs to be placed), sniper, rocket. 

GW2 is currently downloading.

Grid, just looks like an awesome racing game. 

As for Sonic, waiting for a seller. 

If you like  DoD Source you might like Red Orchestra / Rising Storm, they will probably be on daily deal sometime soon. 

If you like  DoD Source you might like Red Orchestra / Rising Storm, they will probably be on daily deal sometime soon. 

Any reason to buy the first to Red Orchestras or is Rising Storm pretty much better in every way? 

Also, whats the difference between the standard and deluxe version? 

Anyone play/ed interstellar marines? 

Any reason to buy the first to Red Orchestras or is Rising Storm pretty much better in every way? 

Also, whats the difference between the standard and deluxe version? 

Anyone play/ed interstellar marines? 

Ostfront is pretty much dead, the only thing keeping it alive is Linux support. There are a few Darkest Hour mod servers for it though, but they usually aren't populated. The deluxe edition gets you 2 tf2 hats (I think), some Killing floor stuff and a couple of early weapon unlocks. If you buy Rising storm you get Stalingrad MP as well, but no SP.

Ostfront is pretty much dead, the only thing keeping it alive is Linux support. There are a few Darkest Hour mod servers for it though, but they usually aren't populated. The deluxe edition gets you 2 tf2 hats (I think), some Killing floor stuff and a couple of early weapon unlocks. If you buy Rising storm you get Stalingrad MP as well, but no SP.

is the SP worthwhile? Or is RSs better? Is RO2 mp different/better than RS' mp (i.e. why would i want to play ro2 mp vs. rs mp)?

is the SP worthwhile? Or is RSs better?

Decent storyline, but the bots you play with are terrible and broken.

Decent storyline, but the bots you play with are terrible and broken.

So pretty much, just get RS. 

So pretty much, just get RS2. 

Yep, the main part of the game is MP. The original didn't even have a singleplayer campaign.

idk if f1 2012 is on sale, but if you like racing games, its really good and fun to play

ive gotten super meat boy so far.

trackmania 2 stadium is nice.

killing floor

civilization 5 and its dlcs

trials gold edition

splinter cell conviction if you have a friend to play it with

any and all lego games

borderlands 2

dead island and riptide

all assassins creed games and dlcs

idk if f1 2012 is on sale, but if you like racing games, its really good and fun to play

ive gotten super meat boy so far.

trackmania 2 stadium is nice.

killing floor

civilization 5 and its dlcs

trials gold edition

splinter cell conviction if you have a friend to play it with

any and all lego games

borderlands 2

dead island and riptide

all assassins creed games and dlcs

f1 2012 is on sale, $13.60 atm. Any idea how it compares to Grid? (Worth the extra $10) or Trackmania2 Stadium?

Already have Trials (awesome game, although its annoying as hell since you need to get gold on every track to have enough to progress. 

Not a fan of AC, or civilization. 

Just saw that Chivalry's on daily deal, its a good first person medieval combat game if you're interested in that.

Just saw that Chivalry's on daily deal, its a good first person medieval combat game if you're interested in that.

Not so much. 

f1 2012 is on sale, $13.60 atm. Any idea how it compares to Grid? (Worth the extra $10) or Trackmania2 Stadium?

Already have Trials (awesome game, although its annoying as hell since you need to get gold on every track to have enough to progress. 

Not a fan of AC, or civilization. 

im guessing grid is more like STCC if you know what that is. but id guess they are completely different from each other. f1 is more perfection and more serious if you dont play with kids online. id recommend it.

trackmania 2 stadium is like trackmania nations forever, just updated graphics, same annoying glitches, but overall, one of the best games out there for competative racing.

you dont need gold on everything to progress? i have plenty of silver medals and ive completed all but 2 extreme tracks

Archived