Textmode idling may be dead

Professional Map Painter

It's unlikely that ref will go back up; it does not leave the system at a high enough rate compared to how it enters.

However, if Valve has indeed disabled text mode idling, then it will certainly slow the rate of inflation. People with the hardware for it will still GUI idle, but it's a step in the right direction

You know, if true.

It's unlikely that ref will go back up; it does not leave the system at a high enough rate compared to how it enters.

However, if Valve has indeed disabled text mode idling, then it will certainly slow the rate of inflation. People with the hardware for it will still GUI idle, but it's a step in the right direction

You know, if true.

Know any good idling programs for gui that allows you to open steam/idle with the click of 1 button? (currently using tf2idle)

god i hope that this is a feature and not a bug. i dont like when people idle with so many accounts. i prefer ppl playing

Know any good idling programs for gui that allows you to open steam/idle with the click of 1 button? (currently using tf2idle)

'Fraid not, sorry. I don't think anyone bothered to make a GUI idle program. They will now if this fix sticks.

FWIW, I have been testing with and without text mode on a few of my idle accounts. Textmode, IMO, is most certainly involved in the problem.

From what I am reading as well, textmode + sv_lan 1 + misplaced items is what is killing it. Not 100% sure on this but I can only do so much until I have to leave for work. I have some more idle accounts to test with but I don't think this was a happy coincidence nor do i think Valve will "fix" it. 

I have to dig up my old sandbox serial to test multiple gui idles but since i think the misplaced items is also part of it, gonna need a way to auto accept items. 

valve should change textmode idle drops to uncraftables. the world would be a better place. however i have been thinking trading bots yield more now.

According to wiki it looks as though textmode idling was intentionally removed.

Also, you HAVE to accept the drops one at a time before you can get more. 8 hours of idling in a server i only got 1 drop. But in 3 hours of checking every half hour or so I got 3 more including a hat (tough stuff muff).

So unless there is a way to auto-accept new items while in-game, idling is going to be a PITA from now on, especially for those that have 50+ accounts on idle.tf forums. Sandboxie does appear to work still, just amps up the CPU/GPU usage. 

Its possible to bind "J" to ignore but I do not know if that is enough to get past the physical clicking ok to continue.

Weight on enter key?

EDIT: gonna see what running tf2 in linux terminal looks like and see if its possible to run without GUI but not hopeful at the moment.

Archived