Top Contributors of the Month

Phanatic

I think it will be a great idea to have a separate listing of the top contributors of the month in addition to the all-time list.

Frankly, I am just tired of seeing the same people at the top just because they've been around longer.

It will give me (and others) more motivation to continue to contribute every month.

What do you guys think?

Nah. I like my place and think top voters is fine more meaningful then who can suggest most in a month

Voters do count as part of contribution points though. I was just suggesting that in addition to the all-time list, there should be a monthly list of top contributors.

This is the list that I'm talking about: http://backpack.tf/top/contributors

Think this has been mentioned a few times or there are already very similar suggestions already up.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/2455-top-contributors-of-the-last-month/
and
http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/1468-top-contributors-of-the-month/?hl=month

And i for one agree

Many newer contributors who have just started have been doing quite a good job arnt recognised while others who have started awhile back arnt making anymore suggestions are. It would be a good way to encourage the new contributors to continue contributing :)

I actually kind of like the top contributer list. Seeing my name near the bottom slowly creep up with every suggestion is kind of rewarding.

But yeah, a top monthly contributers would be nice as well.

Such a list will become increasingly relevant as the site progresses and the top all-time list becomes more and more unreachable by new users.

Better now than later. I would even go further and make the monthly list more prominent than the all-time list and to maybe give out a special reward for top monthly contributors; maybe something as simple as a temporary badge and temporary name color and perhaps something as permanent as real item rewards. 5 keys or a percent of the donations that month for the top 10 contributors?

Such a list will become increasingly relevant as the site progresses and the top all-time list becomes more and more unreachable by new users.

Better now than later. I would even go further and make the monthly list more prominent than the all-time list and to maybe give out a special reward for top monthly contributors; maybe something as simple as a temporary badge and temporary name color and perhaps something as permanent as real item rewards. 5 keys or a percent of the donations that month for the top 10 contributors?

Long can't get his 0.01% of donations because he's trade locked

If Top 10 (month) got 0.01% of donations per month that'd be awesome

coming back to make suggestions maybe.

Long can't get his 0.01% of donations because he's trade locked

If Top 10 (month) got 0.01% of donations per month that'd be awesome

coming back to make suggestions maybe.

Seeing as how the all-time list rarely changes from month to month, it would be kind of pointless to reward monthly contributors based on it.

Seeing as how the all-time list rarely changes from month to month, it would be kind of pointless to reward monthly contributors based on it.

then make a list of top monthlies, and pay 0.01% to each from there.

Archived