Halloween Spells price to painted items?

RazQ

Halloween painted hat saying "3" means its painted with glitched halloween paint, spectral spectrum. I am suggesting linking "3" to spectral spectrum price when its applied to hat (like when backpack adds some of the normal paint price to painted hats).

Like in normal paints not adding the full paint price.

Note: Spectral Spectrum is used as example in this post I'm suggesting same thing to other halloween paints.

Thank you.

Halloween painted hat saying "3" means its painted with glitched halloween paint, spectral spectrum. I am suggesting linking "3" to spectral spectrum price when its applied to hat (like when backpack adds some of the normal paint price to painted hats).

Like in normal paints not adding the full paint price.

Note: Spectral Spectrum is used as example in this post I'm suggesting same thing to other halloween paints.

Thank you.

Very hard to add a fixed value on halloween painted hats. First, I'm not sure you would want this done right now anyways because the current formula caps the max value as 2x the value of the hat. So if you painted a hat worth 1.33, it would be listed at 2.66 with spectral spectrum... Even for a bills, it would be listed at a max of 16 keys.

Now, even if this formula was changed, how much would you even add on for the paint? In my experience, the paint is valued differently on regular items (it doesn't add as much value) compared to max's and bill's. Very few people will pay 16-20 keys for a halloween painted regular hat, and I've seen those trades on outpost unsold for months.

In my experience, the paint is valued differently on regular items (it doesn't add as much value) compared to max's and bill's. Very few people will pay 16-20 keys for a halloween painted regular hat, and I've seen those trades on outpost unsold for months.

^^This^^

Eg would anyone pay 20 keys for a spectrum painted [insert ugly as hell hat]? paint doesnt necessarily add on a specific amount of value and it's very subjective.

i would pay more for one that has been used on a decent hat/misc but "decent" might be different for others...etc

^^This^^

Eg would anyone pay 20 keys for a spectrum painted [insert ugly as hell hat]? paint doesnt necessarily add on a specific amount of value and it's very subjective.

i would pay more for one that has been used on a decent hat/misc but "decent" might be different for others...etc

I hav been pondering haunted paints for some time. It is tricky because these paints will not be available at some point. It may be best to not fix a price that the paint has on a hat but let the market decide and find a way to place a price suggestion just for that hat and paint.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently using a formula in my price suggestion to show that some halloween painted items I was paid for a hat im posting a suggetion is worth half the current value of the paint plus the cost of the item. I know its not the best cuz it wont fit for every item and the price can be different on differnt hats but using some formula close to this will at least give a closer range to its true value than currently. We may not get a perfect answer but it would move us to a more suitable price.

This is a link to the price suggetion I made and it shows the formula I used, http://backpack.tf/vote/id/51eec6ffba2536377c000010. I was given a fast learner and a Heros Tale both painted with chromatic curruption currently selling for 9-10 keys. When I wanted to prove these items really are painted with this and worth more than normal paint I had to take a screen shot of the items showing A) that it is painted with the halloween paint and B) that the halloween paint is selling for what I said.

*This is the example I used*

2 pure buds, 1 ts bills hat (9keys), 4 keys, the Fast Learner and Hero's Tale, both painted Chromatic Corruption. This Halloween spell alone goes for 9-10keys http://i.imgur.com/x2qfS3q.png. Halloween spells used on items go for half the value of the paint + the value of the item itself.

Fast Learner = 4ref + (9-10 keys x.5),- http://i.imgur.com/PgQDZZq.png
Hero's Tale = 3.66ref + (9-10 keys x.5),- http://i.imgur.com/WKQpHJ7.png
Founding Father = 5ref,
Lt Bite = 1key,
Flared Frontiersman = 2.33ref.
The Chromatic painted scout set and the misc items are the last half bud.
The total is = 3 buds!

I believe this work just fine for now until everyone starts to find a better way of showing the rise and fall of price on (X) halloween paint with (Y) item. With out listing every item and then every paint I think a more refined formula may be, A) current paint cost at half to all items, except B) Bills, Max, and other select promo items. showing that (B) would be the exception to the general rule of half price and the "B" value is raised to 3/4th cost of paint or full price of paint if the market takes it?

Also I think this paint will remain in the game as long as ppl use them, sell them and equipt the items they have painted with these looks. If this was a problem for the game it would have been changed long ago but it has no effect on game play and only the economy, therefore nothing that needs to be "fixed" given it's not hurting anyone and people have already invested a lot of money into these items. It would only cause more problems than solutions for valve.

I've enjoyed this topic more so than anyother givein its unique place in the game.

Valve will probably re-release the Halloween paints this year. It happened with the old masks/costumes.

Valve will probably re-release the Halloween paints this year. It happened with the old masks/costumes.

Except this time every single player is gonna hoard the halloween spells and trade it to a alternate account so they can test if the bug which allows the paint to remain on the hat still works. Making them worthless even if you can retain the effects, I would laugh so damn bad if it removed the current paints and they patch the bug completely lolol

This was the same with the new festives, because every player though it would rise in value like the first they all hoarded it...

Archived