Hope on earbuds? How u will react if u are unusual seller

1+1=3 ?

Just like what swag said, once keys hit below 5 keys, if ever 1 key, you are fucked. There will be no point to unboxing since you can never make profit from reselling the unusual. For example, I'd say the uncrating value of an unusual averages at 1 bud, the percent to unbox is LESS than 1%, if a bud was 1 key you would spend a key to try and get a key worth unusual, which will mean that unless unusuals switched to keys now, your game is dead. I could get my hearts tc for easily 23 keys at that point. 

All I can say is lol. U are making an assumption that unusual sellers still price their unusual in terms buds even though buds would become 5 key in the future. From my observation, some unusual sellers start to price their unusual in terms of keys. So, only bud holder will suffer a lot and plz don't treat people like an idiot that they would still price their unusual in buds. All the market need to do is to remove buds from the currency. Also, plz don't fantasize that one day u can get a burning tc for 500 keys. IT IS NOT GONNA TO HAPPEN!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on!

With a key so expensive and a bud dropping uncrating stops being worth it. Even as a gamble, uncrating will be a major loss, much more than it used to.

mr swag we where trading unusual before buds released or where anything remotely to as high as 5 keys guess what, ppl keep on uncrating.

uncrate was always a lose lose situation high prices on buds never fixed that. after all what good is to uncrate a nut n bolts mongolian after 500 crates?

you see buds where popular cause ppl couldn't fit that many keys in their bp's me as an example I used to use buds to stockpile keys until steam market went to beta.I prefer to stockpile my profits as steam funds and paypal now.cause buds are always manipulated by the big shots periodically making me lose some of my profits from time to time. with steam funds that issue no longer exist. i can buy the same amount of keys now as to when I store my funds. going back to stockpiling keys to buds also makes no meaning in modern trading we have so much options to spend our cash that storing them to buds is silly. examples: collectors/unusual/unusual taunts/hats/more hats/even more hats/ weapons from 1 scrap up to 300 euro.

In my opinion you forget the most fundamental reason why ppl wanted keys to begin with it was never to buy more buds.The goal was always a nice looking hat and not a commodity as buds. buds was the medium to that never the goal.

As a closer I sell easier keys(no sweat)for paypal that I do with buds ppl just don't trust them as much as they did in the past and that is fine we shouldn't bother so much with the price of a single misc over the thousand of choices we have

All I can say is lol. U are making an assumption that unusual sellers still price their unusual in terms buds even though buds would become 5 key in the future. From my observation, some unusual sellers start to price their unusual in terms of keys. So, only bud holder will suffer a lot and plz don't treat people like an idiot that they would still price their unusual in buds. All the market need to do is to remove buds from the currency. Also, plz don't fantasize that one day u can get a burning tc for 500 keys. IT IS NOT GONNA TO HAPPEN!!!!

ppl just forget that buds and keys are the medium towards the real valuable items and you describe it quite fine.I said it before a burning demo fro with the given bud price is at 58 keys(or so) if anyone manage to buy it for that anywhere even dupe i will give him 5 extra keys  to take it.

tl:dr we dont give a shit what buds worth we are only after the hats. period.

TF2 is a train wreck...I see players with 2 year Steam badges spouting off that this is how the economy rolls.....lulz....

Buds/Bills/Houwar/Max's were the currency because they were promo and had a nonrenewable supply except for those that were duped.

your list is not even on the half way though you forget hundreds of non renewable items if not thousands

Buds/Bills/Houwar/Max's where the first promos nothing more or less about it. they are still holding a very high value witch seems silly,if you consider that this is 2014 and we have a huge a mount of non renewable promos in our economy summer shades/bmocs/caribou... there is no end to them and we will get more in the future. 

some ppl like to have a bp full of buds.those will suffer as every hoarder of any item did in the past the good think is that the loses will be split among the most wealthy tf2 bp's making it not such of a big deal to the rest of us.

seeing how the  majority of those individual are professional sharkers scammers and whatnot I do not sympathize with them to the slightest.This wont effect me on any way!I will keep spending my cash to buy my collectors and everything I wish for and I will do so for cheaper if the market crash

tl:dr its a win win situation if everything go as bad as you guys say it will.

but I doubt it. buds don't control the market or have any power over what is really valuable.

Spot on!

With a key so expensive and a bud dropping uncrating stops being worth it. Even as a gamble, uncrating will be a major loss, much more than it used to.

Why don't you realize, that keys are the most stable currency. Keys are not rising, refined is going down.

your list is not even on the half way though you forget hundreds of non renewable items if not thousands

Buds/Bills/Houwar/Max's where the first promos nothing more or less about it. they are still holding a very high value witch seems silly,if you consider that this is 2014 and we have a huge a mount of non renewable promos in our economy summer shades/bmocs/caribou... there is no end to them and we will get more in the future. 

some ppl like to have a bp full of buds.those will suffer as every hoarder of any item did in the past the good think is that the loses will be split among the most wealthy tf2 bp's making it not such of a big deal to the rest of us.

seeing how the  majority of those individual are professional sharkers scammers and whatnot I do not sympathize with them to the slightest.This wont effect me on any way!I will keep spending my cash to buy my collectors and everything I wish for and I will do so for cheaper if the market crash

tl:dr its a win win situation if everything go as bad as you guys say it will.

but I doubt it. buds don't control the market or have any power over what is really valuable.

Huh? There is like 600 HOUWARS, 81k buds and only 11k Max heads. Bills hats there are many and why they never coveted more than 8 keys even in the old days. Was always about paint and being an all class with that hat.

There are 19k BMOC's & 200k summer shades. Those promo figures are off the charts and why they could never be currency. The Caribou could be a decent currency if it was popular. Problem is its ugly as shit and only wearable by the sniper.  

Keys are infinite and maintain a static price in the Steam Store. Ref is mined by FTP all accounts all day everyday. 

In January 2013 there were 110k keys in backpacks. Less than two years later there are 955k in BP's..........

Archived