Why has Scrap.tf's hat surplus not dried up yet...

AwesomeMcCoolName

Why has scrap.tf's huge surplus of hats still not dried up by now...

Prior to robot bugaloo, most of the bots had 10 hats at any given time, now they're constantly full.

But why has robot bugaloo had such a big effect that still is in play today, its not like there was a shortage of craft hats prior. 

cuz robo hats are ugly as hell

I understand why they're all sold off as craft hats, but why is there such a huge amount of craft hats now that robohats can be unboxed.

Think about it, there were tons of craft hats on the market before, tons of hats people hated. And with Robo-crate unboxing diminishing and people returning to unboxing normal crates, why has the market not self-corrected. 

They are still being unboxed, and they are still ugly. Pair that with the "zomg summer sale" cash-outs, and you've got a surplus of hats.

I'd imagine they are being bought at the same rate.  They are just being sold to at a much much higher rate than before.  It's like turning a sink all the way up.

There hasn't really been a reason for crafting lately (updates with low craft #'s)

They are still being unboxed, and they are still ugly. Pair that with the "zomg summer sale" cash-outs, and you've got a surplus of hats.

They're still being unboxed, but not that quickly, plus there has always been a lot of craft hats floating around anyway. 

I'd imagine they are being bought at the same rate.  They are just being sold to at a much much higher rate than before.  It's like turning a sink all the way up.

There hasn't really been a reason for crafting lately (updates with low craft #'s)

Thats possible, Valve should add a bunch of craft #'d stuff...

3xsB4.jpg

this picture pretty much sums up why.

and that there hasnt been any # craft hats in like 3 months

I'm not gonna pay that one-time fee of a reclaimed.

Thats only to buy.

Also, it used to be worth it. 

Thats only to buy.

Also, it used to be worth it.

I know, I'm staying the incentive system is wrong. People should have paid a one time fee to sell, not to buy. 1 reclaimed more can be a lot to these middle class traders that make the base of our economy. Middle class (~0.5-3 bud backpacks)

There's a one rec fee to buy, most people get their hats from outpost/bazaar and so won't pay extra to use scrap.tf. More people sell craft hats at 1.33 than buy them at 1.33 currently as well. 

There's a one rec fee to buy, most people get their hats from outpost/bazaar and so won't pay extra to use scrap.tf. More people sell craft hats at 1.33 than buy them at 1.33 currently as well. 

I know, I'm staying the incentive system is wrong. People should have paid a one time fee to sell, not to buy. 1 reclaimed more can be a lot to these middle class traders that make the base of our economy. Middle class (~0.5-3 bud backpacks)

Then people would just flock to scrapbank.me because there is no fee to sell hats, just an (8 I think?) a day limit for selling hats to them.

Archived