Is TF2 dead?

Depression is ass

apparently it's not as popular as it used to be = might make you think it's slowly dying

+ less people are into tf2 trading

no games should have items to buy with real world money to keep the community healthy

tf2 trading community is literally shit which can even get you cancer

most people in tf2 trading community are retarded (like me)

i like those who actually play tf2 though (aka those who don't trade/not into trading)

that's what i learned from this shitty game

on the topic of the guide you mentioned, i dont get why the guy is bashing valve for the duck things, they dont give any advantages over people who didnt buy it and the way the guy says it makes it sound like he's saying

"whats this? valve making money off of a free to play game?! i think not! i better start bashing them for wanting to make money out of a game!"

TF2 is really turning into more of a money grab for Valve.  They know people are going to just keep playing and giving them money, no matter what they do.  As long as they give out the occasional update to let users know they still give a minimal fuck about the game, they'll continue repeating their process.  Shit/Lazy update with hats, people buy keys and hats from their store, they get money to keep and spend a little on their next update.  The main reason I believe that TF2 isn't dead is just because the community is what's giving more updates than Valve.  As soon as people get tired of keeping a game alive past its due date, then that's when it will die off.

It's not dead as you can see cs go and dota took and attracted many players to play it and i know many of my friends who left tf2 or cashed out their items for dota or cs go... but still it's one of the most played games on steam it's more likely that the community is changing and old people you knew moved on from it.

It'll turn into what is now known as Super Monday Night Combat.

That game is really terrible, no wonder it died, and only like one gamemode actually has people *cough* turbocross *cough*

Seriously, do not play that game.

But that'll be years from now, and I'm pretty sure Valve isn't going to kill the game entirely, unless they intend to release a third Team Fortress, which would be really, really, unnecessary.

if everyone who made useless threads like this left, i think we might have the right people to get the community back to being better which would help keep its longevity

Anyone that says TF2 is dying is seriously fucking stupid.

-One of the most played games on Steam

-Hundred of servers, even more custom

-Thousands of dollars of revenue made every year

-Active modding community, active workshop community

-Several new updates consecutively adding new cosmetics and unusual effect

There's absolutely no reason people should think TF2 is dying.

Not dead, just because a large number of people are "leaving" TF2 doesn't mean that it's dying. I said leaving with quotations because as soon as Engie VS Spy/some other cool update comes out about 95% of those people will come back.

*cough* like me *cough*

Anyone that says TF2 is dying is seriously fucking stupid.

-One of the most played games on Steam

-Hundred of servers, even more custom

-Thousands of dollars of revenue made every year

-Active modding community, active workshop community

-Several new updates consecutively adding new cosmetics and unusual effect

There's absolutely no reason people should think TF2 is dying.

TF2 is free, this does help with it being popular.

60% of those servers are trade/idle

Points nothing out that would make the game alive

Workshop community is mostly adding cosmetics to the game

Load of money grab updates, EotL being a very blatant one recently.

The game isn't dead, but it easily isn't as cared for by Valve as it once was.

TF2 is free, this does help with it being popular.

60% of those servers are trade/idle

Points nothing out that would make the game alive

Workshop community is mostly adding cosmetics to the game

Load of money grab updates, EotL being a very blatant one recently.

The game isn't dead, but it easily isn't as cared for by Valve as it once was.

Maybe Valve don't 'care' about the game right now because they are working on a bigger update? Have you forgotten about the 2 new maps they are adding soon? EotL was a community update and they have a history of being shit.

Trading =/= TF2

You fail to realize that the vast majority of people who actually play this game are completely oblivious to things like high key prices, dropping buds, and bill's hats selling for 3 keys.  That's because they couldn't care less about trading, all they care about is that the game remains fun and balanced.  

Play Half Life 2 death match, with a quick look at the server list you will know what a dead game looks like xD. The game (and it's economy) are going through a rough time. 

Maybe Valve don't 'care' about the game right now because they are working on a bigger update? Have you forgotten about the 2 new maps they are adding soon? EotL was a community update and they have a history of being shit.

They sure haven't cared about their game for a really long time then.  Doesn't seem worth it for how many shitty cosmetic and crate updates we've gone through.

TF2 is kinda reaching the end of its lifespan, I agree. It's quite old now, Valve has the "it's not going to be any use to us if it doesn't net any profit" mindset simply because of its age.

In all honesty, it's hard to add things to a game that's so precariously balanced, with 9 classes. People will want weapons, with new cool stats and stuff, but it's getting harder and harder to dream up these things (nobody would've guessed a parachute would be added, lets face it)

IMHO? It's getting there. Depending on what Valve's mindset is though, they may kill it faster.

Archived