So I made a poor investment....

The Penguins

So 2 months ago...I found this seemingly good trade. Key word there is seemingly. Anyways, I saw a Strange Flamethrower selling for 5 ref and it had a strange part projectiles reflected and me being the dumb, nooby trader I was, saw it and stopped to look at it. I was "WOW, that part is like a key, can sell 1 key and 1 ref for profitz!". (Note: Not what I actually thought). Anyways, I found it impossible to resell even at dropped the price to 6 ref (I haven't updated my Outpost Ad yet). So any advice?

• Administrators

So 2 months ago...I found this seemingly good trade. Key word there is seemingly. Anyways, I saw a Strange Flamethrower selling for 5 ref and it had a strange part projectiles reflected and me being the dumb, nooby trader I was, saw it and stopped to look at it. I was "WOW, that part is like a key, can sell 1 key and 1 ref for profitz!". (Note: Not what I actually thought). Anyways, I found it impossible to resell even at dropped the price to 6 ref (I haven't updated my Outpost Ad yet). So any advice?

You can do what the others above said or you can put it up for auction here. http://bazaar.tf/

Read the auction rules beforehand please.

Word to the wise, Paints and parts? Don't touch em. All of them are valued at 50% off when applied to an item, so unless you are getting it for free, usually don't touch it. Even then it's situational. Also, some killstreaks are harder to sell than others. especially the normal kses/spec kes or even pro kits applied to useless weapons.

1.) delete the item

2.) uninstall tf2

3.) delete system 32

4.) reinstall tf2, unbindall, then uninstall tf2 again

5.) burn your computer

EZ 5 step solution

Basically do what I do:

Offer it for a really good price in metal, make sure it's really good.

Find someone willing to try for item overpay but make them pay the full value as it leaves you an inconvenience to resell all those items.

There, problem solved. This is how I was able to trade away a degreaser with crit kills, projectiles reflected, and domination away for a bills + around a keys worth of items. (Was several months ago when bills were worth something)

1.) delete the item

2.) uninstall tf2

3.) delete system 32

4.) reinstall tf2, unbindall, then uninstall tf2 again

5.) burn your computer

EZ 5 step solution

100% legit instructions from scout608, computer extrodinaire.

You forgot to tell him to repeatedly run a large magnet over his hard drive before burning it though. That's usually pretty important.

You need to change your perspective: 

2 months ago, you spent $1 (5 Ref) on an item you thought you could sell for $2.  You've been chasing a $1 profit for 2 months now.  I don't care how young you are, anybody in a free western society can easily make more than $1 in two months, simply by walking down the street and picking up nickels and dimes.  

So I wouldn't be too worried about.  

Word to the wise, Paints and parts? Don't touch em. All of them are valued at 50% off when applied to an item, so unless you are getting it for free, usually don't touch it. Even then it's situational. Also, some killstreaks are harder to sell than others. especially the normal kses/spec kes or even pro kits applied to useless weapons.

Wise words.

Adding onto this, Robots Destroyed parts.

Good luck getting half.

(Maybe I've just had bad luck idk)

As someone who has once specialized in selling Stranges with parts, this is entirely true.

Whether you can resell a strange with parts for profit or not depends on a few things:

•The Weapon

•The Part

•How well the two match

•Other sellers

If the weapon or part is bad, good luck getting more than base price.

If the part doesn't match the weapon, God speed.

If the part DOES match the weapon, check other listings to see how much it actually goes for. (Proj. Reflected on any flamethrower is good, but it's so common that you can't really make profit off of it.)

Archived