Should i move to csgo trading?

tomnx

• Administrators

Basicly, tf2 is slowly dying atleast the economy, so i ask you guys, should i move to csgo?  :)

Sh3ller is one of those guys who you often don't listen to. No, offense to him of course. He is accusing Brad of manipulating prices when in reality that was another site that did that, which was spreadsheet which closed down few months back. He is getting his information mixed up.

However I do agree with him that you should do both game trading. Why quit one and move onto another when you can make profit and all on both games? Do a bit of both. 

I highly suggest you to go over guides and everything before moving to cs:go. Also, beware of scammers and phishers, its full of them.

Sh3ller is one of those guys who you hardly listen to. He is accusing Brad of manipulating prices when in reality that was another site that did that, which was spreadsheet which closed down few months back. He is getting his information mixed up and all.

However I do agree with him that you should do both game trading. Why quit one and move onto another when you can make profit and all on both games? Do a bit of both. 

I highly suggest you to go over guides and everything before moving to cs:go. Also, beware of scammers and phishers, its full of them.

First of, im very smart since i trade csgo items too, but i was thinking about moving my all items, and the thing is why im doing it is because keys are rising, buds are going down, so my unusuals are going down too, so if were to move to csgo it would be more stable market, and i wouldnt lose profit.

Compared to 2010 and 2014 TF2 economy, I don't see how is it slowly dying.

CS GO economy is pure cancer, as you trade 90% of items that were once scammed. That's why it's easy to profit out of it.

• Administrators

First of, im very smart since i trade csgo items too, but i was thinking about moving my all items, and the thing is why im doing it is because keys are rising, buds are going down, so my unusuals are going down too, so if were to move to csgo it would be more stable market, and i wouldnt lose profit.

Keys are only rising in ref. Its the same on store ($2.49) and has been the same on paypal market for the past year ($1.80 - $1.90). Buds tend to go down during this time of year, due to Halloween, Christmas, events, steam sales and whatnot. 

He didn't cover up csgo market at all. All he said are the positive things about it but never mentioned about the negatives. I will give you some of the many that he didn't mentioned of...

Many times in csgo you will have item that cost $30 and suddenly next month that item costs $10 or so. You have to be very careful when trading in csgo

I am quoting this from someone who is very familiar with csgo market. 

Many say CS:GO economy's new, stable etc etc. True, if you want something its probably easier to get than TF2. But the drop system is way worse, there's only a small chance you get one - per match end. Most of the time crates drop and only 3-4 out of 20 people per server get any form of drop, and I've only ever seen 2-3 drops around $10 USD or so despite having hundreds upon hundreds of play hours on casual. 

As to the trading part CS:GO is a sinkhole worser than TF2. IT's market is not fully regulated, plagued with scammers, key dupers and selling any item for money is essentially a scam-me wish. Everyday any item you own is 80% likely to drop in price every day because unlike the TF2 economy the vast majority of CS:GO trading is based off Steam Market Prices, even most knives with rare high tier exceptions - just like God Tier Unusual trading in TF2 which has not really been affected either

One day you make profit, the next your back to square 1 because some other item you own dropped. Instead of keeping some value if you own a key or items worth more than a key you fight everyday just to keep your current value. Maybe for very small tier traders or regular players this occurs in TF2 too, but for traders even larger ones who trade knives in CSGO this phenomenon unfortunately is all too well known.

Being a trader in both games I'd say as a whole the way Valve's 3 main games economies are working is changing - I don't think it's TF2 alone, but TF2 has a more obvious impact driven by the one thing most items are pegged to in worth, just like how CS:GO is mainly pegged to Steam Market, so is TF2 to keys.

Another thing is, many items are getting more and more common in csgo market every day. Csgo more or less are driven currently by hype and because its a new trading scenario just like how Tf2 was in the beginning.

I don't know how csgo will be in the near future due to how unregulated it is. Like I said, do bit of both. 

Edit : Ver also made a great point. Its easy to profit in csgo because 90% of items that were once scammed/phished. That's why it's easy to profit out of it.

Both has pros and cons, so its better to keep in touch to both.

I don't believe there's a knife worth $16,000 usd on the market to someone.

Both is good, betting can potentially make you richer or poorer fast.

No offence to that guy in the video but he really is just another reddit rand without anything to back up his claims and he doesnt have his facts correct :L

Think he is mixing up a lot of shreadsheet with bp.tf and some alot of his points dont make any sense, both economies are strong both with their positives and negs.

Summary:

TF2: 

- Easy to make small profit

- Easier to get started in making profit (Decent items to start flipping dont cost as much)

- Getting to high tier trading where you can make multiple buds per trade takes a while

- Stable and established economy

- No betting system (tho there is one in the works)

- Prices are a lot more consistent i.e. rather than a sharp drop or sharp increase it's gradual (unless hype/update)

- Unusuals can take a while to sell.

CS:GO

- Harder to make small profit

- Harder to get started into trading (Things cost a lot more for you to be able to start decently flipping)

- Relatively young and unstable market (But if you know what you are doing you can make alot of profit which is a benefit of a young economy)

- Betting system (Tho it is good, games can easily be rigged/thrown which is why i myself dont bet but it is a good way to make profit)

- Prices can skyrocket or drop really sharply

- There is a much larger margin of profit when you get to mid-top tier knifes compared to tf2

- Generally knifes sell much faster than unusuals 

- You really need to be on top of the cs:go market tho, my GPU died and finals so i stopped followingon my cs:go alt for a month, came back to find everything dropped to hell, it was a good thing i cashed out most of my knives on my alt haha

Conclusion: Both has ups and downs, dont listen to videos and rants about which economy is better as more likely than not they dont get their facts right do your own research, it is your money you're going to be playing around with make sure you know what is the facts before doing anything. Tf2 is no where near dying. If anything it is stronger than ever, higher prices of keys means more and more people can afford keys and hence bid up the prices which leads to it being priced higher.

You could answer your question by trying to get into. Practice is the best tool of learning new fields of knowledge. Is it profitable - it's rather gamble to bid on certain new items if we don't have clear indication of possible supply, demand and overall desirability of item you're investing. If you know these values, it might not be a problem to trade in any environment.  

how could backpack.tf be so inaccurate if price suggestions are based on solid sales? that's the best way to price things :P

While sales are the best ways of pricing and I currently have no arguments nor complains about how things are priced here, our unusual prices will only be as good as how many suggestions get contributed.

With valves spam of unusuals, events, crates...etc it becomes harder and harder to keep the guide updated this is highlighted with many of our regulars/unusual suggesters not contributing as much: 

a ) There is no incentive to, after a while of suggesting and dealing with the same thing over and over again it can get really boring similar to a chore.

b ) Unusuals are getting harder and more annoying to price. There is nothing more annoying than having 1-2 unpriceable unusuals where you and everyone else can agree on a estimated price but you still cant suggest because no proof.

No offence to that guy in the video but he really is just another reddit rand without anything to back up his claims and he doesnt have his facts correct :L

Think he is mixing up a lot of shreadsheet with bp.tf and some alot of his points dont make any sense, both economies are strong both with their positives and negs.

Summary:

TF2: 

- Easy to make small profit

- Easier to get started in making profit (Decent items to start flipping dont cost as much)

- Getting to high tier trading where you can make multiple buds per trade takes a while

- Stable and established economy

- No betting system (tho there is one in the works)

- Prices are a lot more consistent i.e. rather than a sharp drop or sharp increase it's gradual (unless hype/update)

- Unusuals can take a while to sell.

CS:GO

- Harder to make small profit

- Harder to get started into trading (Things cost a lot more for you to be able to start decently flipping)

- Relatively young and unstable market (But if you know what you are doing you can make alot of profit which is a benefit of a young economy)

- Betting system (Tho it is good, games can easily be rigged/thrown which is why i myself dont bet but it is a good way to make profit)

- Prices can skyrocket or drop really sharply

- There is a much larger margin of profit when you get to mid-top tier knifes compared to tf2

- Generally knifes sell much faster than unusuals 

- You really need to be on top of the cs:go market tho, my GPU died and finals so i stopped followingon my cs:go alt for a month, came back to find everything dropped to hell, it was a good thing i cashed out most of my knives on my alt haha

Conclusion: Both has ups and downs, dont listen to videos and rants about which economy is better as more likely than not they dont get their facts right do your own research, it is your money you're going to be playing around with make sure you know what is the facts before doing anything. Tf2 is no where near dying. If anything it is stronger than ever, higher prices of keys means more and more people can afford keys and hence bid up the prices which leads to it being priced higher.

"On trade.tf I have statistics about the whole trading economy since I aggregate the data from outpost, backpack and many other websites. And the stats look worrisome, the number of trades dropped by 10x in a year: 

• there were 1 million trades alive a week a year ago 
  • we're now at 100,000, that's 10 times less"

Quote from trade.tf announcment. So this If "anything it is stronger than ever" is not right.

"On trade.tf I have statistics about the whole trading economy since I aggregate the data from outpost, backpack and many other websites. And the stats look worrisome, the number of trades dropped by 10x in a year: 

• there were 1 million trades alive a week a year ago 
  • we're now at 100,000, that's 10 times less"

Quote from trade.tf announcment. So this If "anything it is stronger than ever" is not right.

We've lost players over the years, Doesn't make the eco weaker, that is like saying every time somebody dies the Real life eco gets weak

You can easily make $100 a day betting on lounge as long as you are a smart better. I've see. A guy win $1760 I believe off the epsilon vs c9 match.

Although I've seen people go all in on dumb matches and lose everything they've got.

Bet on dumb and unpredictable matches like country games and CIS rising matches and you can win big.

We've lost players over the years, Doesn't make the eco weaker, that is like saying every time somebody dies the Real life eco gets weak

^this

A year ago we didnt have scm or well it wasnt as predominate (In terms of tf2 it's basically now a dumping ground for cancer items, genuines ...etc), also Outpost's premium change meant a lot of inactive players who havent been online for ages now no longer bump their trades. You gauge the strength of the economy via it's price in currency, it's items...etc it's not simply number of trades with that said keys have been steadily rising in paypal.

You could answer your question by trying to get into. Practice is the best tool of learning new fields of knowledge. Is it profitable - it's rather gamble to bid on certain new items if we don't have clear indication of possible supply, demand and overall desirability of item you're investing. If you know these values, it might not be a problem to trade in any environment.  

Imo it's a lot easier to manipulate the cs:go market since it's purely based on scm and many players there dont exactly know what they are doing. During the last tournament I dumped a bunch of souvenirs constantly a bit under the lowest price making them drop ~50% (~3-4$) and when other ppl started to undercut me I bought everything back and the price bumped up to 20$ when I sold everything off.

For CS:GO you really have to be watching the market closely it is easy to make profit but then it's also really easy to lose profit something can be worth 20$ today and 2 days later be less than 5$, if you start cs:go knifes i suggest you start with vanilla knives since they arnt prone to dipping in price.

The problem about CS;GO trading is the fact that pricing is run on SCM. Fluctuation is always happening. 

TF2 has bp.tf

Archived