Favorite Freeware Game

Twishine

Figured I'd start a thread about this, because some days, you just want to play a new game, but don't want to spend money because poor/Jew/miserly/whatever.

And you know what? There are a LOT of freeware games out there, because it turns out some people like to make games.

Now, I'm not talking about emulators + ROMS or anything. Those don't count. Those were originally not free.

So, what's my favorite?

20110812130601!Barkley_Shut_Up_And_Jam_G

If you like Space Jam, you'll definitely like this one. Because the story of Space Jam is totally canon.

If you think Space Jam is stupid, or don't like the song Space Jam... well, it's probably not for you.

HOWEVER, even though the concept is strange (B-Ball JRPG), the battle system/music is pretty solid, and I beat it in a few hours.

And enjoyed those few hours.

http://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/

More info there. Share/gush over whatever freeware titles you've enjoyed.

So... Free To Play games you mean?

Following quote taken from Wikipedia:

"Freeware games are games that are released as freeware and can be downloaded and played, free of charge, for an unlimited amount of time.

This list does not include:

-Open source games (see List of open-source video games).
-Games that were previously sold commercially (see List of commercial video games released as freeware).
-Shareware or Free-to-play games that require purchase for play time, game items, new content or features.
-Browser games alias browser-based games."

(Yes, it does include a list, but see Topic title. Favorites, not every Freeware game in existence. Some might as well be called crapware.)

Following quote taken from Wikipedia:

"Freeware games are games that are released as freeware and can be downloaded and played, free of charge, for an unlimited amount of time.

This list does not include:

-Open source games (see List of open-source video games).
-Games that were previously sold commercially (see List of commercial video games released as freeware).
-Shareware or Free-to-play games that require purchase for play time, game items, new content or features.
-Browser games alias browser-based games."

(Yes, it does include a list, but see Topic title. Favorites, not every Freeware game in existence. Some might as well be called crapware.)

So it's a poor man's F2P game...

So it's a poor man's F2P game...

Free is free. Not sure how it means it's a "poor man's" game. Basically any free game without micro transactions I spose, idk. He meant games like:

- Slenderman

- SCP - Containment Breach

- The Stairwell

- Spelunky (The original version of Steam's "Spelunky HD")

- Silhouette

To name a few^^

OT: Mine would have to be a tie between Spelunky and Cave Story. But I'm leaning a lot more towards Spelunky because it brings me back when that game first came out. Best free game imo

Archived