The searchbar needs dramatic improvement (bazaar.tf)

Clean0nion

Long story short:

I can't find the price of a Strange Wrench. Searched 'wrench', came up with Rust Botkiller Wrench Mk.I, Gold Botkiller Wrench Mk.I, Silver Botkiller Wrench Mk.1, and Festive Wrench. No Wrench.

I agree with the OP. I wish typing in "Wrench" would bring up Wrenches first instead of all the botkillers and festives. Same for all the other weapons that have botkiller and festive versions.

It used to sort by the name of the item, so botkillers would come up first. I made it sort by oldest item as a workaround -- can't please everyone, but older items should work better since nobody cares about botkillers. there's always the pricelist for everything else :)

It used to sort by the name of the item, so botkillers would come up first. I made it sort by oldest item as a workaround -- can't please everyone, but older items should work better since nobody cares about botkillers. there's always the pricelist for everything else :)

The thing is you can always refine the search so that only botkillers show up or so that only festives show up, but with the way it is now, it is impossible to make just plain wrenches show up. I don't think people should have to use the pricelist page to find a price. If you tweaked the search bar a bit, it could work for every possible item in the game.

All you'd have to do is make the site return the results that match the query with the fewest additional words. That way, when you type "wrench", you get plain Wrenches returned first. If someone wants festives, then they can type "festive wrench" or "wrench festive." Also, you should have "strange wrench" return all wrenches that can be strange (up to the current limit.) I bet a lot of people search for the price of a strange weapon by typing "strange" as part of the name and get nothing back.

The thing is you can always refine the search so that only botkillers show up or so that only festives show up, but with the way it is now, it is impossible to make just plain wrenches show up. I don't think people should have to use the pricelist page to find a price. If you tweaked the search bar a bit, it could work for every possible item in the game.

All you'd have to do is make the site return the results that match the query with the fewest additional words. That way, when you type "wrench", you get plain Wrenches returned first. If someone wants festives, then they can type "festive wrench" or "wrench festive." Also, you should have "strange wrench" return all wrenches that can be strange (up to the current limit.) I bet a lot of people search for the price of a strange weapon by typing "strange" as part of the name and get nothing back.

Couldn't say it better myself. Agreed, this would be a good idea to take into consideration Brad.

Archived