Allow suggestions for low craft numbers (1-100)

Bobsplosion

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No new suggestors ever, got it o 3ob

one comes in as one dies, generally.

Otherwise we would've had exponential growth in suggesters since day one. Which we haven't. Not notably, anyway.

I mean come on Bob, that's just common sense ;_;

one comes in as one dies, generally.

Otherwise we would've had exponential growth in suggesters since day one. Which we haven't. Not notably, anyway.

I mean come on Bob, that's just common sense ;_;

I'm frequently hearing groans of boredom from my friendslist. A new, untapped area to suggest is just the new thing we need.

definitely too much work with too few uses (for every 1 hypothetical craft suggestion accepted, it might impact 1-3 people who probably won't even use the bp.tf price to price it)

I vote yes simply because so many people keep asking about prices and i hate highballers who have a 90 craft and think they can sell for buds...

All 10,000+ of them? With one sale each? Go nuts.

I disagree with your argument your main point is that its to much work. The problem with this is that YOU DONT HAVE TO DO SUGGESTIONS. There is noone pointing a gun at your head telling you to do them. If you think its to much work or dont like doing suggestions for craft numbers just dont. Personally i dont like to vote on prices for unusuals but i will for craft hats and currency. I think if someone wants to do a craft number suggestion that they should be able to.

• Administrators

I vote yes simply because so many people keep asking about prices and i hate highballers who have a 90 craft and think they can sell for buds...

I disagree with your argument your main point is that its to much work. The problem with this is that YOU DONT HAVE TO DO SUGGESTIONS. There is noone pointing a gun at your head telling you to do them. If you think its to much work or dont like doing suggestions for craft numbers just dont. Personally i dont like to vote on prices for unusuals but i will for craft hats and currency. I think if someone wants to do a craft number suggestion that they should be able to.

The problem is almost all of the regular suggesters (95 - 97%) at the moment are non-premium and when it comes to craft # it is not possible to say who has what at the moment until or unless you have premium and even I have seen people with premium sometimes having hard time finding craft #

Also, refer to what I said above as well.

I don't see how craft # will be priced at all.

The problem is almost all of the regular suggesters (95 - 97%) at the moment are non-premium and when it comes to craft # it is not possible to say who has what at the moment until or unless you have premium and even I have seen people with premium sometimes having hard time finding craft #

Also, refer to what I said above as well.

I don't see how craft # will be priced at all.

Yes its hard and probably a lot wont be filled. But i think the option should be allowed for those who want to do it and my main point still stands that noone is forcing you to suggest, can always stay with unusuals, craft hats etc etc.

At the risk of getting a bit personal, that's stupid and if it's going to happen, will happen, regardless of if it's being recorded or not.

It hasn't happened yet though and it's been years since craft #s have been around.    

Here's a fact:  backpack.tf pricing is a huge driver behind for-profit trading.  It attaches "absolute" dollar values (at least 95% of the trading community sees them as such) to items and by extension, backpacks.  People then seek to increase their backpack values which they measure using the dollar value backpack.tf assigns to their items.   There was a time when it was about having cool items that you had some real emotional interest in.  Now it's just "I'll trade you my hat which is worth 5.7 Buds for your hat which is worth 6.3 buds because now I've made 0.6 buds profit".   

This same kind of objective approach to pricing (in an area where it should be more subjective) will spread to craft numbers.  The end result will be higher prices and even more 'for-profit trading'.   

Archived